- 34 min ago Honda CR-V Special Edition Launched In India: Priced At 29.50 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Announce Partnership For Indian Market: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Connected Car Technology Launched In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Spotted Testing For First Time Ahead Of Launch In India: Pics & Details
- Movies Jim Sarbh Says He Is Dying To Do Comedy; 'I Am Still Waiting For Good Opportunities'
- News Bihar Elections 2020: BJP's star campaigner Yogi Adityanath to address 4 rallies in poll-bound Bihar
- Finance Hero Motocorp Climbs Above Rs 3,000 On Distribution Pact With Harley Davidson
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Or Sara Ali Khan, Whose Churidaar Suit Set Is More Gorgeous?
- Sports IPL 2020: Ponting wants Delhi Capitals to pull things back
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In November
- Technology Micromax In Smartphones Will Use MediaTek Helio G35, Helio G85 SoCs
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
The all-electric Hyundai Kona was first showcased at the Geneva Motor Show. Earlier this year, we got a glimpse of the car at Auto Expo but as a concept. The EV has been slated for launch in India next year. Moreover, it will become the Korean auto giant's first all-electric offering in India.
The company said that the Kona Electric will come through the CKD route and will be assembled at Hyundai's Chennai plant. The Kona will be one of eight cars which the company plans to launch by 2020. This was confirmed by the company's CEO, at their 20th-anniversary celebrations.
The Kona is available in two trims globally. However, India might only get the entry-level variant. The electric motor generates around 131bhp of power and 395Nm of torque. The battery pack is a 39.3kWh unit and will offer a range of around 300 kilometres per charge.
Hyundai claims that the battery pack will take an hour to charge up to 80% when connected to a 100kW DC fast charger. When connected to a normal AC point, it takes close to 6 hours.
Also, the Kona Electric will not be available for sale throughout the nation. Hyundai plans to offer it in select cities such as Delhi and Mumbai. Only select dealerships will sell the all-electric SUV.
The Kona can sprint from 0-100km/h in 9.3 seconds and has a top speed of 167km/h. The EV is designed aerodynamically with an edged front and rear design, similar to the one sold globally.
The car's battery pack is located on the floor of the vehicle and does not hinder the cabin or boot space. As of now, it is seen with a closed front grille and 17-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, the Kona features an all-digital dashboard, Heads-Up Display and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Both the front seats are heated and ventilated whilealso being eight-way adjustable.
Safety features such as adaptive cruise control, lane centering system, rear cross-traffic alert and automatic emergency braking add to the equipment list. The Kona targets a five-star NCAP rating.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Kona All-Electric SUV
The Hyundai Kona will have an impressive exterior design with superior dynamics. The interiors with sophisticated equipment and comfort would make the sales boost. As EVs are the thing of the nearing future, Hyundai is doing a great job by introducing this all-electric SUV.