TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Vertu Aster P With Real Leather Announced; Price Starts From Rs. 3 Lakh
- Ever Heard Of Glamping? Visit These 7 Places In India For Luxury Camping!
- Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Lice
- Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: 5 Interesting Things You Don't Know About This Sultry Actress!
- 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 Review — Unmistakable Racing Pedigree Made Evident
- Praveen Kumar Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
- Postal Life Insurance; All You Need To Know
Hyundai India is all geared up for the launch of its new small hatchback by the end of October this year. According to Autocar India, the Korean carmaker will reveal the name of their new hatchback on October 4, 2018.
There's no doubt that Hyundai is planning to re-introduce the Santro in India. The new small car is expected to be named as 'Santro' with an additional suffix, just like the old version which had ‘Xing' with its name.
Hyundai, next month, is rolling out a contest. This is for customer engagement where people will give suggestions on the name of the new model. Santro is the car that established Hyundai across our nation. It was a popular choice among the middle-class in the early 2000s, until it was replaced by the Hyundai i10.
As per reports, the new Hyundai Santro will replace the Hyundai Eon, once it is launched. The car is expected to boast a more premium cabin in terms of fit and finish. Powering the car might be an updated version of the Santro Xing's 1.1-litre petrol engine. The engine will also meet BS-VI emission norms and is expected to come with an AMT unit.
The interiors of the upcoming car from Hyundai might feature a new dual-tone design with good aesthetics and equipment. New comfortable seats with improved leg space and headroom would also be offered. The top-end model might get a decent infotainment system and a multi-information instrument cluster.
The new Santro will feature Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy, including a new cascading front grille, fog lamps, alloy wheels, reverse camera and LED tail lamps. Once launched, the Hyundai Santro will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Renault Kwid and Datsun GO.
Thoughts On Hyundai's New Small Car
The upcoming Hyundai Santro 2018 would definitely carry forward the same strong reputation set by the earlier-generation car. On the contrary, the new design, powertrain and upgraded features would make it more attractive for the customers.