- 7 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Concept Showcased At Indonesia — All Specs And Details
- 50 min ago BS-VI Compliant Tata Harrier Spied Testing — A Bunch Of Other Updates Expected As Well
- 1 hr ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 2 hrs ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Finance No Salary Hike For Country's Richest Person For 11th Year In A Row
- News Priyanka Gandhi's "imprisonment" shows attempt to trample democracy: Rahul Gandhi
- Technology Top LG Smartphones To Buy In India In 2019
- Movies The Lion King Box Office Day 1 Collection
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Hyundai India has showcased the Nexo FCEV next-gen fuel cell electric vehicle at the India-Korea Business Summit in New Delhi. The Nexo FCEV SUV is the Korean car makers first step towards developing more low-emission vehicles in the global market. The Nexo FCEV is equipped with fuel cell powertrain.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV was first revealed at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The exterior design of the Nexo features a conventional design with Hyundai's cascading grille, sleek LED headlamps and sharp front end with crossover styling. The electric SUV also features a floating roof design.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is based on an all-new platform which is specifically built for fuel cell vehicles. The interior of the fuel cell electric SUV sports two large LCD screens which form a 12.3-inch display. The left display shows vital vehicles stats, and the right display is reserved for the infotainment system.
The Hyundai Nexo offers spacious cabin and improved performance due to the better integration of the fuel cell system. The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is powered by an electric motor producing 161bhp and 395Nm of torque. The electric SUV can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 9.2 seconds.
The Nexo fuel cell electric SUV can hit a top speed of 177km/h and delivers a driving range of 609km on a single charge as per Korean testing conditions. The Nexo also gets three hydrogen tanks which can hold 156 litres of hydrogen at a pressure of 700 bars. The hydrogen tanks can be refilled in just five minutes.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is also a semi-autonomous vehicle with several driving aids. The fuel cell electric SUV features a host of driver assist functions such as Blind-Spot View Monitor, Highway Driving Assist, Lane following Assist and Remote Smart Parking Assist. The Nexo also gets air purification capability which makes it a clean cabin even in polluted cities.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Hyundai Nexo FCEV
India might have delayed the shift to all-electric vehicles as opposed to the planned deadline of 2030. But the Indian government is looking towards alternatives such as fuel cell vehicles. The Hyundai Nexo promises to be a game-changing product in the global market. The Nexo FCEV is part of an 18 eco-friendly cars lineup which will be launched by 2025.