TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Hyundai India has showcased the Nexo FCEV next-gen fuel cell electric vehicle at the India-Korea Business Summit in New Delhi. The Nexo FCEV SUV is the Korean car makers first step towards developing more low-emission vehicles in the global market. The Nexo FCEV is equipped with fuel cell powertrain.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV was first revealed at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The exterior design of the Nexo features a conventional design with Hyundai's cascading grille, sleek LED headlamps and sharp front end with crossover styling. The electric SUV also features a floating roof design.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is based on an all-new platform which is specifically built for fuel cell vehicles. The interior of the fuel cell electric SUV sports two large LCD screens which form a 12.3-inch display. The left display shows vital vehicles stats, and the right display is reserved for the infotainment system.
The Hyundai Nexo offers spacious cabin and improved performance due to the better integration of the fuel cell system. The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is powered by an electric motor producing 161bhp and 395Nm of torque. The electric SUV can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 9.2 seconds.
The Nexo fuel cell electric SUV can hit a top speed of 177km/h and delivers a driving range of 609km on a single charge as per Korean testing conditions. The Nexo also gets three hydrogen tanks which can hold 156 litres of hydrogen at a pressure of 700 bars. The hydrogen tanks can be refilled in just five minutes.
The Hyundai Nexo FCEV is also a semi-autonomous vehicle with several driving aids. The fuel cell electric SUV features a host of driver assist functions such as Blind-Spot View Monitor, Highway Driving Assist, Lane following Assist and Remote Smart Parking Assist. The Nexo also gets air purification capability which makes it a clean cabin even in polluted cities.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Hyundai Nexo FCEV
India might have delayed the shift to all-electric vehicles as opposed to the planned deadline of 2030. But the Indian government is looking towards alternatives such as fuel cell vehicles. The Hyundai Nexo promises to be a game-changing product in the global market. The Nexo FCEV is part of an 18 eco-friendly cars lineup which will be launched by 2025.