- 13 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 14 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 15 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Movies Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Spin-off Gets SCRAPPED; This Show Might Replace Divyanka & Karan’s Show!
- News Moist ground gives electric shock to school kids, 51 admitted to hospital
- Finance Rupee Trades Tad Lower At 68.57/ US Dollar
- Sports My gold medal in Naples is an answer to my critics, says Dutee Chand
- Technology Honor 20 Review: Top-Notch Mid-Ranger With Few Shortcomings
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the Hyundai i20. The Hyundai i20 has scored a three-star safety rating in the latest crash test conducted by the Global NCAP.
In the adult occupant protection category, the Hyundai i20 scored three stars with 10.15 points out of 17 points. In the child occupant protection category, the hatchback scored two stars with 18.16 points out of the total 49 points. The crash test was conducted at a speed of 64km/h.
Global NCAP has rated the body structure and the footwell area of the Hyundai i20 as unstable. Global NCAP crash tested the South Africa-spec Hyundai i20 and the model misses out on safety features such as side body airbags, side curtain airbags, electronic stability control and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
The tested Hyundai i20 is a 2018 model with a kerb weight of 1,286kg. The hatchback is equipped with safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS and front seatbelt pre-tensioners. During the crash test, Global NCAP used the child seats recommended by Hyundai and the lack of ISOFIX child seat mounts was evident as it provided limited protection.
The India-spec Hyundai i20 comes equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, impact sensing auto door unlock, speed sensing auto door lock and central locking. The top-spec model gets additional equipment such as side and curtain airbags, reverse parking sensors with camera and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i20 Crash Test
The crash tested Hyundai i20 by Global NCAP is different from the Euro-spec model and it is similar to the India-spec model. The car scored an average three-star safety rating as the body structure was rated as unstable. Hyundai should improve the body structure of the i20 and also needs to provide additional safety features as standard.