TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Autocar India reports that along with the i20 facelift, Hyundai will also introduce a new automatic gearbox.
The report states the Hyundai will offer a new continuously variable transmission (CVT) coupled to a 1.2-litre Kappa engine, which will be introduced on the i20. The new CVT gearbox paired with the 1.2-litre engine will replace the currently available 1.4-litre petrol variant.
The Hyundai i20 1.4-litre coupled to a 4-speed automatic transmission was introduced in the Indian market in September 2016. The automatic variant of the i20 failed to capture the Indian market due to its hefty pricing. The mid-level automatic Magna trim is priced at Rs 9.15 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
India is one of the key markets for the South Korean automaker and expects a rise in demand for the automatic cars by seven to eight percent in 2018. To cater the demand, Hyundai has invested in developing a new automatic transmission specially designed for India.
The Hyundai 120 with the smaller 1.2-litre engine will attract a lower tax rate of 12.5 percent which is levied to cars under 4-metres and with petrol engine under 1,200cc. The i20 with the 1.4-litre engine is levied a higher tax rate of 24 percent. Now, with significant tax saving, the I20 automatic will be priced aggressively.
The new CVT gearbox comes with its share of advantages; it is likely to make the i20 facelift more fuel efficient. Hyundai will not offer paddle shifters on the India-spec model, but the report states that it could be introduced in the future.
Apart from that, the new i20 facelift comes with a host of updates to the exterior design. The revamped front end will feature new single-piece Cascade grille, redesigned bumper and headlights, new alloy wheels and boot lid mounted registration plate.
The new Hyundai i20 facelift will come with a host of cosmetic and mechanical updates. The prominent highlight will be the revamped front end and the new CVT gearbox. With the smaller engine, the i20 will be cheaper, and it is likely to undercut its main rival, the Maruti Baleno Alpha CVT.