TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Hyundai Elite i20 CVT launched in India: Hyundai has launched the Elite i20 CVT automatic in the country. The automatic variant of the premium hatchback is available only with the petrol engine.
The Hyundai Elite i20 CVT automatic is available in two variants: Magna and Asta. The Elite i20 CVT Magna is priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and the top-spec Asta variant is priced at Rs 8.16 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Hyundai had launched the new Elite i20 at the Auto Expo 2018.
The Hyundai Elite i20 CVT automatic draws power from the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 83bhp and 114Nm of torque. The petrol engine is also available with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The diesel version of the Hyundai Elite i20 is powered by a 1.4-litre engine producing 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The Elite i20 CVT automatic is targeted towards urban customers who are looking for an easy-to-drive car with premium features.
The Hyundai Elite i20 is offered with standard safety features such as ABS and airbags. The dealers across the country are accepting bookings for the Elite i20 CVT and the deliveries will begin in the coming days. The new CVT variant of the new Elite i20 is identical to the facelifted model launched at the Auto Expo 2018.
Talking about the CVT gearbox, it is known for its refinement and smooth operation. The CVT gearbox delivers a jerk-free performance except for the rubberband effect during spirited driving. But a CVT car is suitable for stop-and-go city traffic and that's the reason why Indians prefer CVT cars.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Elite i20 CVT
Hyundai has finally launched the Elite i20 with the CVT gearbox. The hatchback remains the same in terms of features, design and mechanicals. But the Hyundai Elite i20 CVT should be a hit in the Indian market with the growing popularity of CVT gearbox. The Hyundai Elite i20 CVT rivals the likes of Maruti Baleno CVT and Honda Jazz CVT.