TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
The production version of the Hyundai Carlino SUV, the Styx has been spied testing ahead of its launch. The sub-four metre SUV from Hyundai is expected to be launched in the market, sometime in April 2019.
Spy images from IAB, showcase the Hyundai Styx (codenamed 'Hyundai QXi) in a fully camouflaged avatar. The Hyundai Styx is said to combine the designs of the popular Creta SUV and the more premium Kona.
Hyundai first unveiled its concept, the Carlino at the 2016 Auto Expo. With the ‘Styx' SUV, Hyundai will look to leverage sales in the highly competitive sub-four metre SUV segment.
According to reports, the new sub-four metre SUV from Hyundai will feature the same platform as seen on the Verna sedan. It will come with similar SUV proportions as the Creta and will be first launched in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Styx is said to be powered by a new 1.0-litre T-GDI petrol unit, producing 120bhp. This engine is said to be specifically developed for the Indian market. It will also be Hyundai's first turbocharged petrol unit in India. The SUV will also come with a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine, set to produce 115bhp.
Both the engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai is also said to introduce the new SUV with a Smart Auto AMT, which will replace the torque converter automatic seen on the Creta.
Thoughts On Hyundai's New Sub-Four Metre SUV
The new sub-four metre SUV from Hyundai is aimed specifically for the Indian market. The SUV will be first launched in India, ahead of any international launches. The new small SUV will directly rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza and is expected to be priced around Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom range.