TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Injured Navy Commander Abhilash Tomy Rescued: Shifted To The French Fishing Vessel, Osiris
- Panasonic AI-Driven Smartphones Coming To India On October 4
- A Rare Condition Makes This 25-Year-Old Look Like A 12-Year-Old
- EXCLUSIVE: Radhika Madan Says She Looks Up To Ranbir & Alia
- The Picturesque Pachmarhi Has A Haunted Forest — Learn All About It Here!
- These Are The Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India — Is Yours On The List?
South Korean automaker Hyundai is all set to introduce a slew of new products in the Indian market in 2018.
Now, ETAuto reports that apart from the current lineup, Hyundai is considering a new A-segment SUV for India which will hit the roads by 2020.
Hyundai has not revealed any details about the new SUV. The company is expected to introduce the third-gen i10 by 2020 and it is said that the new SUV will be based on the same platform. Both the models are expected to share components as they are based on the common platform.
Apart from that Hyundai will also launch a sub-compact SUV in India codenamed as QXi. The QXi will be the production version of Carlino concept which was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Carlino will rival the likes of Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Maruti Brezza when launched in 2019.
This year, Hyundai will introduce the Creta facelift in India which is expected to be launched by the second half of 2018. Apart from the SUV, the South Korean automaker will also launch the facelifted Elite i20 in 2018. The updated i20 has been spotted several times on Indian roads.
In 2018, Hyundai will also launch a new small car which will revive the popular Santro brand. Internally codenamed as AH2, the next-gen Santro will rival the likes of Maruti Alto and Renault Kwid. It is likely to replace the Eon hatchback in India as it has not been selling in good numbers.
The compact SUV segment has been rapidly growing in the Indian market, and several manufacturers have launched their products in the segment. Now, Hyundai is all set to introduce a compact SUV which will hit the Indian roads by 2019 and a new A-segment SUV is also in the pipeline.