TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
A major accident recently took place between a Maruti Swift and an overloaded rickshaw recently. The unfortunate incident which occurred near Bikaner, Rajasthan caused the death of four people.
According to Team-BHP and Rajasthan Patrika, the Maruti Swift was driven by a 28-year-old Indian Naval Officer, Dev Pratap. Along with him in the car was his wife, 25-year-old Priyanka Pratap.
The couple who were reported to be having an argument in the car, when out of anger the driver, Dev started to speed up. While speeding, the driver lost control of his car and started to sway on the road.
The car then collided with an overloaded rickshaw with at least 10 people. Both the husband and wife lost their lives in the accident. Two women; 50-year old Mira Devi and 45-year old Chucka Devi also lost their lives in this unfortunate event.
An ambulance driver, behind the Maruti Swift, confirmed that the details of the incident. The eight others in the rickshaw were injured and taken to the nearest hospital.
Local police inspector, Sawai Singh Godara revealed that the accident was caused due to the fight between the husband and wife. An FIR has been registered against the deceased driver for negligent and rash driving.
The Maruti Swift involved is a base petrol variant, the VXi. The car is registered in the name of Shri Ram Milk Chilling Center at Faridabad, Haryana. The Swift is powered by a 1.2-litre engine and was purchased in March 2018. Safety features on the Swift include two airbags and ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The Maruti Swift Accident In Rajasthan
This is the first reported crash of the new Maruti Swift. It's a very unfortunate incident causing the death of four innocent lives. Driving on the highway, it is important to keep a calm mind behind the wheel. Moreover, it is also important to follow the road rules and maintain the speed limits for the safety of passengers and other around.