- 8 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Lok Sabha Election 2019: Exit polls which failed to read public mood
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Honda WR-V has been a successful product for the Japanese automaker in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that Honda is working on two new SUVs for India. Both the new models will be mass market SUVs and will be Honda's best-selling products in the country.
Out of the two new SUVs from Honda, one will be sub-4-metre and another will be a Hyundai Creta rival. Both the new SUVs will be based on the same platform which also underpins the new Honda Amaze. The new platform has been developed to be flexible and will also spawn SUVs and crossovers.
The first new SUV from Honda will be a sub-4-metre model which will rival the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Tata Nexon. The new small Honda SUV will be launched in India in 2021 and will replace the WR-V crossover. Honda will price the SUV aggressively as it is based on the low-cost Amaze platform.
On the design front, the new Honda small SUV is likely to sport an upright stance to give it compact dimensions. The interior is expected to be spacious given the new platform of the all-new Amaze.
The second SUV from Honda will be a larger model measuring over the 4-metre mark. The SUV will be offered as a premium product and will feature typical SUV design elements. The Honda's second SUV will take on the Hyundai Creta. It is still not confirmed whether the new SUV will be a 5-seater or 7-seater model.
Both the new Honda SUVs will utilise the existing engine and gearboxes. The petrol model of the larger SUV is likely to get City's 1.5-litre engine while the compact SUV could feature Amaze's 1.2-litre unit.
The new SUVs will also be offered in diesel variants with the Honda's 1.5-litre Earth Dreams engine. The transmission options will include manual and automatic gearbox along with the diesel-CVT combo which made its debut with the new Amaze.
Thoughts On The Honda's Two New SUVs For India
With the increasing demand for the SUVs and crossovers in India, Honda has decided to develop two all-new SUVs for the fastest growing automobile market. Pricing will be a key factor for the success of both the products as we Indians love value for money cars and SUVs. Expect the new SUVs to sport Honda's new design language and a host of premium features.
*Note: Images for representation purpose only.