- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Pushes Kumkum Bhagya To Second Spot; YRKKH Drops Down!
- Sports Apurvi Chandela clinches year’s second women’s 10m Air Rifle World Cup gold
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- News Mamata Banerjee's offer to quit as Bengal CM nothing but drama: Mukul Roy
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Car India has shared that their Amaze compact-sedan will hit a sales milestone of 50,000 units in the month of October 2018. The second-generation Honda Amaze was launched back in back in May 2018 and is priced at Rs 5.81 lakh and Rs 6.90 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), for the petrol and diesel variants, respectively.
The Honda Amaze has been a big seller for the Japanese car company in India and is a strong player in the country's booming compact-sedan market. The main rivals to the 2018 Honda Amaze are the Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent and the newly-launched Ford Aspire — read our official review here.
Coming back to the sales figures of the Honda Amaze, the company sold 9,644 units of the car in August 2018. It was the fourth consecutive month in which Honda had managed to acquire 9000-plus sales for the Amaze. Furthermore, the Honda Amaze has also been on the list of top-selling cars in India, many times.
The Honda Amaze has been so successful that it has overtaken the brand's popular full-size sedan — the Honda City — in terms of sales. July 2018 saw the highest sales for the sub-four-metre car with deliveries hitting 10,180 units. India first saw the second-generation Honda Amaze at Auto Expo 2018.
Sales of the Amaze are currently trending at around 47,000 units and market studies have confirmed that it will surely hit half a lakh by this month-end. This will bring it a bit closer to the current fastest-selling car in India.
The new Honda Amaze is available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine makes 89bhp and 110Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit produces 99bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 7-step CVT unit with paddle shifters.
In fact, the new Honda Amaze was the first car in India to feature a diesel-CVT combo. Diesel variants paired with the CVT unit account to a good majority of the overall sales of the car and it returns an average mileage figure close to 20km/l.
Thoughts On The Honda Amaze And Its 50,000-Unit Sales Milestone
The high sales figures surely prove how much of a good product the new Honda Amaze is. Though its design has received multiple opinions on the market, the car is indeed a complete package for the average Indian buyer, with enough space, features and performance. What do you think of the new Honda Amaze?