- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Android-Based Nokia Feature Phone Image Leaks Online – What To Expect
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- Finance SEBI Tightens Disclosure Norms Of Banks Listed On The Stock Exchange
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora After She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 team on Sunday were fined 50,000 euros (Rs 40.04 crore), for an unsafe release in the pit lane. Kimi Raikkonen who came in for a tyre change on lap 35 of the 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix went over one of the mechanic's leg while trying to change tyres.
The Ferrari mechanic named, Francesco, suffered a shinbone and fibula fracture and was admitted to a hospital for surgery post the race. He later took to Instagram, confirming that he is recovering well from the surgery.
The FIA stewards later reviewed the incident and handed Ferrari the fine, stating the reason as,the unsafe release of Raikkonen while endangering team personnel and causing injury.
Raikkonen who was running in third place with a possible podium finish before the incident occurred, unfortunately, had to retire his car and end his race. He later stated, "I don't know yet, we'll see. My job is to go when the light changes green. That's the only thing that we look at. Unfortunately, one of the guys paid a hefty price for whatever the mistake is. So, for sure, not very good."He further added, "I'm sure there is the best possible people to take care of him and hopefully he gets better".
Sebastian Vettel who went on to win the 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday, later commented, "I'm a bit sad as I think in the pit-stop with Kimi one of our mechanics got injured, so send him my best regards."
Thoughts On The Ferrari Pit Stop Incident
This was the second time in a single Grand Prix weekend where Ferrari messed up their pit stop. In a similar incident on Friday's free practice, Kimi Raikkonen was sent out of pit limits with a loose wheel and was fined 5,000 euros (Rs 4.01 lakh).