TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
The Ford Mustang has become the best-selling sports coupe in the world for three years in a row. Ford sold a total of 125,809 units of the sports coupe in 2017, out of which 81,866 units were registered in the United States.
Ford began exporting the Mustang back in 2015 and since then has exported over 418,000 units to over 146 countries around the world. This accounts for over one-third of the total sales volume of the Ford Mustang. The biggest markets for the Mustang outside of the United States are China, Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium and Sweden.
According to the data reports from IHS Markit, the Mustang was ahead of all other sports coupe competitors worldwide, including two-door and convertible models.
Erich Merkle, Ford Sales Analyst, stated, "The world loves Ford Mustangs, for years, the Mustang was unobtainable in most parts of the planet. It could only be found on TV or the internet and now it rolls down streets from Beijing to Sao Paulo."
India still gets the older generation Ford Mustang, powered by a 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine which churns out 454bhp and 569Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2018 Ford Mustang comes with a host of features including Slim LED headlamps, with three LED DRL strips, front bumper with integrated turn signals, C-shaped profile LED taillamps blacked-out diffuser and quad exhaust systems.
On the inside, the car features a customisable 12-inch digital LCD instrument cluster, infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Keyless entry, push-button start, rearview camera, ABS and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) among other features.
Thoughts On The Ford Mustang As The Best-Selling Sports Coupe
The Mustang is one of the most popular sports cars in the world. The car was launched in India back in 2016 and is priced at Rs 79.54 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The car offered in India is still the old generation model, but we hope to see the 2018 model make its way into the Indian market soon.