TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The new premium SUV from Ford will be based on the Kuga, which is on sale in several foreign markets. The new SUV will rival the Jeep Compass in the Indian market.
The Ford Kuga in its second-generation currently retails in several foreign markets such as North America, Australia and Europe. Ford already produces the right-hand-drive version of the Kuga, so bringing the premium SUV to India should not be a problem.
Ford revealed the second-generation Kuga in 2012 and is based on the C1 platform which also underpins other global products such as Focus and C-Max. For the Indian market, Ford might give a makeover to the Kuga to suit the Indian conditions.
The global-spec Ford Kuga is offered with a range of petrol and diesel engines. The SUV is available in both front-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive configuration. The India-spec Kuga-based SUV is expected to come with turbocharged petrol and diesel engines.
The Ford Kuga-based SUV for India is likely to be offered in both automatic and manual transmission variants. The SUV will also be equipped with top-notch safety features to justify its premium tag. Expect the interior to sport a large infotainment system and several other premium features.
The new premium SUV will be slotted between the EcoSport and Endeavour. The India launch of the Kuga-based SUV is likely to happen in 2018, after the introduction of the Figo Cross. The new SUV will measure over four metres and will also take on the Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV500.
Ford's SUV lineup in India will be complete with the introduction of a five-seater premium SUV. And it looks like the American automaker is all set to fill the void by introducing the Kuga-based SUV. Expect the pricing to be in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 20 lakh. Ford might also showcase the concept iteration of the new SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.