- 32 min ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers 12% Yearly Growth
- 12 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Finance Gold Climbs Above Rs 48,000 As Virus Fear Outweigh Vaccine Optimism
- Lifestyle World AIDS Day: Common HIV Symptoms In Women You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Movies Amit Sadh Rubbishes Rumours Of Dating Kim Sharma; 'I Will Never Romance In Hiding'
- Sports The Hitman: The Rohit Sharma Story | Review: An elegant batsman and person
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 31,118 new COVID cases, 482 fatalities in last 24 hours
- Technology Free Fire Characters: Top 10 Free Fire Characters You Need To Know
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
The new premium SUV from Ford will be based on the Kuga, which is on sale in several foreign markets. The new SUV will rival the Jeep Compass in the Indian market.
The Ford Kuga in its second-generation currently retails in several foreign markets such as North America, Australia and Europe. Ford already produces the right-hand-drive version of the Kuga, so bringing the premium SUV to India should not be a problem.
Ford revealed the second-generation Kuga in 2012 and is based on the C1 platform which also underpins other global products such as Focus and C-Max. For the Indian market, Ford might give a makeover to the Kuga to suit the Indian conditions.
The global-spec Ford Kuga is offered with a range of petrol and diesel engines. The SUV is available in both front-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive configuration. The India-spec Kuga-based SUV is expected to come with turbocharged petrol and diesel engines.
The Ford Kuga-based SUV for India is likely to be offered in both automatic and manual transmission variants. The SUV will also be equipped with top-notch safety features to justify its premium tag. Expect the interior to sport a large infotainment system and several other premium features.
The new premium SUV will be slotted between the EcoSport and Endeavour. The India launch of the Kuga-based SUV is likely to happen in 2018, after the introduction of the Figo Cross. The new SUV will measure over four metres and will also take on the Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV500.
Ford's SUV lineup in India will be complete with the introduction of a five-seater premium SUV. And it looks like the American automaker is all set to fill the void by introducing the Kuga-based SUV. Expect the pricing to be in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 20 lakh. Ford might also showcase the concept iteration of the new SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.