TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Ford India has announced that the launch of its new CUV, the Freestyle will be on the 26th April 2018. The pre-launch bookings for the Freestyle have already begun for an amount of Rs 21,000.
The Ford Freestyle is based on the Figo hatchback and is placed between the Figo and the EcoSport in the company's Indian lineup. The new Freestyle once launched, will take on rivals such as the Hyundai Active i20 and the Fiat Urban Cross.
The Freestyle is powered by the company's new 1.2-litre ‘Dragon Series' petrol engine producing 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. It also gets a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine which churns out a class-leading 100bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
The exterior of the Ford Freestyle receives a hexagonal black grille design, headlamps with specialised smoked effect, C-shaped fog lamps and a silver skid plate.
The car also gets silver roof rails, faux claddings, black graphics on the sides and a new set of tail lamps.
The Freestyle sits on 15-inch four-spoke alloy wheels and has a noticeably raised ground clearance of 190mm.
On the inside, the dashboard gets a chocolate-on-black theme along with other features such as a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's Sync 3 setup. The system is also compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay systems.
Other features on the Ford Freestyle include power folding ORVMs, rain sensing wipers, engine start/stop button, automatic headlamps and climate control.
The Ford Freestyle will be available in four variants: Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium+.
In terms of safety features, the Ford Freestyle receives, Anti Rollover Prevention (ARP), dual-airbags at the front, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminder, approach sensors, keyless entry, engine immobilizer and perimeter theft alarm.
Also Read: Ford Freestyle Review - From The Land Of The Free, To The Hands Of The Brave!
Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle Launch In India
The Ford Freestyle is India's first Compact Utility Vehicle (CUV) based on the Figo. Prices though not revealed, can be expected to be around the Rs 6 - 9 lakh range.
Apart from the number of features on offer, the Freestyle also comes with a range of accessories which can be added to increase the sporty character of the CUV.