- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 4 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- 23 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Movies Pooja Hegde Signs Movies Only If This Unusual Demand Is Met; Fans Do Not Know How To React!
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- News Protestors block highway in Banihal over 'missing' man
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Ford India has issued a recall notice for the 2014 Ford Fiesta. As per the statement shared by the American company in India, the now-discontinued Ford Fiesta sedan is being inspected for a door latch issue.
Customers of the 2014 Fiesta have been advised to contact the nearest Ford India dealership to schedule an appointment for the service campaign. The total number of cars affected is currently unknown but we expect the company to check as many cars as possible, considering the vehicle's age.
Though not critical, the engineers at Ford said that the door latches on the final version of the Fiesta in India might have developed some cracks over time. If they do find any such issues, the latches will be replaced; free of cost, of course.
If you own a 2014 Ford Fiesta, you can check if your car comes under the recall on Ford India's official website. By entering the car's VIN number on the website's ‘Field Service Actions' section, you can get all the details.
In case you do not own the car anymore, you can contact Ford's Customer Relationship Centre (CRC) at 1800 419 2500 / 1800 425 2500. You can also drop an email at email@example.com.
The 2014 Ford Fiesta aka the Global Fiesta was launched at Rs 7.69 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). It came in only a diesel format — a 1.5-litre TDCi unit which makes 90bhp and 204Nm of torque. The engine is available mated only to a 5-speed manual transmission.
After being discontinued in September 2015, Ford India has not launched a sedan in the C-segment category. The only sedan they currently sell is the new Ford Aspire — here's why you should definitely consider buying it!
Thoughts On The Ford Fiesta Recall In India
The 2014 Ford Fiesta was a market failure even though the previous model was loved by many. This was mainly due to the pricing and most of its competitors back then were available at a cheaper premium for the top-end model. Ford India has no plans as of now to launch a new Fiesta but it's good to see that they are committed to all their products, new and old.