TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Ford has recalled 273 units of the EcoSport over incorrect Brake Fluid Reservoir Caps and Owner's Manual Kits. The affected vehicles include the 2018 Ford EcoSport, which were built in the Chennai plant, India. These are model built between 17th October 2017 to 6th March 2018.
The affected EcoSport came fitted with the European versions of the mentioned parts, instead of the US version. The incorrect Brake Fluid Reservoir caps and Manual Kits do not satisfy the standards of the US, set by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
However, Ford USA has not received any reports of accidents or injuries caused due to this issue. Ford dealers across the country, have said that they will replace the incorrect parts with no cost to the customers.
In India, Ford recently launched two new variants of the EcoSport, the S and the Signature. The new variants of the EcoSport are based on the Titanium trim of the compact SUV. Both the new variants will come with a host of updates and cosmetic changes.
Ford India will also reintroduce the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine in the country on the ‘S' variant of the EcoSport. Both new variants will also come with a sunroof, among other additional features on the EcoSport.
The prices for the new 2018 Ford EcoSport will start at Rs 10.40 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The S and Signature edition of the EcoSport offerings in India will be available in both petrol and diesel options.
Also Read: Ford EcoSport S and Signature Edition Top Features
Thoughts On The Ford EcoSport
The main update for the EcoSport, is the introduction of Ford's most awarded engine, the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol in India. The Ford EcoSport in India rivals: Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and the upcoming Hyundai Creta Facelift.