TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Ford launched the facelifted EcoSport in India in 2017. The new EcoSport was introduced with the new 1.5-litre Dragon Series petrol engine and the turbocharged EcoBoost engine was discontinued. Now, Autocar India reports that Ford is planning to re-introduce the 1-litre EcoBoost engine.
Apart from that Ford EcoSport will also get two new variants: Titanium S and the Signature Edition. Both the variants have been already spotted in India and they will be the top-spec models. The S trim will be targeted towards customers who are looking for a sporty compact SUV.
Yes, the EcoSport Titanium S will feature the 1-litre turbocharged EcoBoost petrol engine producing 125bhp, a stiffer suspension setup and sharp steering feedback. The S trim will also get the 1.5-litre diesel engine developing 98.5bhp and 205Nm of torque. The EcoSport S is exported to several foreign markets from the Ford plant in India.
Other features of the EcoSport S include 17-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, HID headlamps, revamped instrument cluster and 4.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The S trim will be offered in a new Satin Orange colour with black inserts on grille, headlamps and fog lamps.
Ford will also introduce the Signature Edition of the compact SUV which is based on the top-spec Titanium+ variant. There will be no changes in terms of engine, but it will feature cosmetic changes and 17-inch alloy wheels with a different design to distinguish it from the other models.
The Ford EcoSport Signature Edition will feature visual upgrades such as new rear spoiler, black accents on the front grille, headlamps and fog lamps and Anodised Blue paint scheme. The Signature Edition will also get additional safety features such as electronic stability control and hill-start assist.
Thoughts On The Ford EcoSport Getting EcoBoost Engine
Ford is all set to bring back the popular 1-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine to cater to the needs of the customers looking for a fun-to-drive compact SUV. Ford is expected to launch the new variants by mid-May 2018. The EcoSport has been a volume seller for Ford and with the introduction of powerful EcoBoost engine, the sales will drastically improve.