- 46 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 47 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team India practice indoors as rain washes out outdoor session at Old Trafford
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ford launched the facelifted EcoSport in India in 2017. The new EcoSport was introduced with the new 1.5-litre Dragon Series petrol engine and the turbocharged EcoBoost engine was discontinued. Now, Autocar India reports that Ford is planning to re-introduce the 1-litre EcoBoost engine.
Apart from that Ford EcoSport will also get two new variants: Titanium S and the Signature Edition. Both the variants have been already spotted in India and they will be the top-spec models. The S trim will be targeted towards customers who are looking for a sporty compact SUV.
Yes, the EcoSport Titanium S will feature the 1-litre turbocharged EcoBoost petrol engine producing 125bhp, a stiffer suspension setup and sharp steering feedback. The S trim will also get the 1.5-litre diesel engine developing 98.5bhp and 205Nm of torque. The EcoSport S is exported to several foreign markets from the Ford plant in India.
Other features of the EcoSport S include 17-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, HID headlamps, revamped instrument cluster and 4.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The S trim will be offered in a new Satin Orange colour with black inserts on grille, headlamps and fog lamps.
Ford will also introduce the Signature Edition of the compact SUV which is based on the top-spec Titanium+ variant. There will be no changes in terms of engine, but it will feature cosmetic changes and 17-inch alloy wheels with a different design to distinguish it from the other models.
The Ford EcoSport Signature Edition will feature visual upgrades such as new rear spoiler, black accents on the front grille, headlamps and fog lamps and Anodised Blue paint scheme. The Signature Edition will also get additional safety features such as electronic stability control and hill-start assist.
Thoughts On The Ford EcoSport Getting EcoBoost Engine
Ford is all set to bring back the popular 1-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine to cater to the needs of the customers looking for a fun-to-drive compact SUV. Ford is expected to launch the new variants by mid-May 2018. The EcoSport has been a volume seller for Ford and with the introduction of powerful EcoBoost engine, the sales will drastically improve.