TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
American carmaker Ford is all set to debut its new Compact Utility Vehicle (CUV) in India on January 31, 2018. Ford has not revealed what the new vehicle would be; however, we expect it to be a crossover based on the Figo hatchback.
Ford has been testing the Figo Cross in India for a while now, and its about time the carmaker launches the Figo Cross reportedly to be called as the Ford Freestyle. That said, the invite we received mentions the new vehicle as a CUV, the company might surprise us by revealing the Ford Kuga, which is earmarked for a launch in India this year.
The new Compact Utility Vehicle from Ford for India and if it's indeed the Figo Cross, then the vehicle will employ the new 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine from Ford's Dragon Series. The unit produces 95bhp of power and 115Nm of torque.
The new Ford CUV could also get a 1.5-litre diesel engine which does its duties on the new Ford Figo and the Aspire compact sedan. The new 1.2-litre petrol unit is expected to come married either to a 6-speed automatic gearbox or a 5-speed manual gearbox.
If Ford does reveal the Figo Cross, from the spy pics of the cross hatch, the new vehicle will come with body cladding, updated styling, and additional features inside the vehicle. The Ford Figo Cross features a Mustang inspired front grille, swept-back headlights, new twin-spoke black alloy wheels and LED DRLs.
Inside the Figo Cross, the crossover gets an all-new cabin with floating touchscreen infotainment system, seen in the new Ford EcoSport facelift, which supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as well as SYNC3 connectivity system from Ford.
Thoughts About The New Ford Compact Utility Vehicle
Ford is concentrating on introducing new and modern utility vehicles in India, and one such is the new upcoming Ford Compact Utility Vehicle reveal in India. Be it the Ford Figo Cross or the Kuga, both the vehicles seem to be a promising vehicle for the country. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you the complete coverage of the reveal of the new Ford Compact Utility Vehicle on January 31, 2018.