- 8 min ago NITI Proposes Selling Only Electric Vehicles After 2030
- 1 hr ago Hyundai To Continue Selling Small BS-VI Compliant Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Revolt RV 400 Electric Motorcycle Revealed — India’s First AI-Enabled Motorcycle
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki And Dealer Ordered To Pay Rs 1 Lakh Compensation
- Movies Did Allu Arjun Oust This Actor From His Next Movie? What Is The Truth?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia, England, India are title favourites this time, opines Glenn McGrath
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Gets First Update – Brings May Android Security Patch
- Lifestyle Hyposmia: Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Anil Ambani Loses Billionaire Tag As ADAG Shares Continue To Fall
- News 'Jai Sri Ram, Vande Mataram' slogan raised in LS as Owaisi takes oath
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Latin NCAP (Latin New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the new Ford Aspire facelift. The new Ford Aspire facelift has scored a 3-star safety rating in the latest crash tests conducted by Latin NCAP.
In the Latin American markets, the Ford Aspire is called as Ka. The new facelifted Ford Aspire scored a three-star rating for the adult occupant protection and a four-star rating for the child occupant protection.
The Latin NCAP stated that the Ford Aspire facelift provided good protection overall, but the sedan lost some points as the driver side airbag bottomed out during the frontal collision test. The driver and front passenger protection were also rated as average. During the side impact test, the sedan lost some points because the rear door opened.
The Brazil-spec Ford Aspire (Ka) facelift comes equipped with a host of safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts and front seat belt pretensioners. The sedan misses out on electronic stability control and it resulted in losing some points.
Ford is all set to launch the Aspire in India on October 4, 2018. The facelifted Aspire has been already spotted in India and it features a slightly revamped front end with an updated grille. The new Ford Aspire will also get an automatic gearbox and the interior will be equipped with new features.
The Ford Aspire facelift will draw power from a 1.2-litre Dragon Series petrol engine that produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox. The diesel engine will be the same 1.5-litre unit mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Ford Aspire Facelift
The Ford Aspire facelift sold in the Latin American markets has scored three-star safety ratings in the Latin NCAP crash tests. But it will be interesting to see how the India-spec model will perform in the crash tests. The Ford Aspire sold in India will be also equipped with a host of safety features.