TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
The Latin NCAP (Latin New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the new Ford Aspire facelift. The new Ford Aspire facelift has scored a 3-star safety rating in the latest crash tests conducted by Latin NCAP.
In the Latin American markets, the Ford Aspire is called as Ka. The new facelifted Ford Aspire scored a three-star rating for the adult occupant protection and a four-star rating for the child occupant protection.
The Latin NCAP stated that the Ford Aspire facelift provided good protection overall, but the sedan lost some points as the driver side airbag bottomed out during the frontal collision test. The driver and front passenger protection were also rated as average. During the side impact test, the sedan lost some points because the rear door opened.
The Brazil-spec Ford Aspire (Ka) facelift comes equipped with a host of safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts and front seat belt pretensioners. The sedan misses out on electronic stability control and it resulted in losing some points.
Ford is all set to launch the Aspire in India on October 4, 2018. The facelifted Aspire has been already spotted in India and it features a slightly revamped front end with an updated grille. The new Ford Aspire will also get an automatic gearbox and the interior will be equipped with new features.
The Ford Aspire facelift will draw power from a 1.2-litre Dragon Series petrol engine that produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox. The diesel engine will be the same 1.5-litre unit mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Ford Aspire Facelift
The Ford Aspire facelift sold in the Latin American markets has scored three-star safety ratings in the Latin NCAP crash tests. But it will be interesting to see how the India-spec model will perform in the crash tests. The Ford Aspire sold in India will be also equipped with a host of safety features.