- 3 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 6 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 8 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence against former champions Patna Pirates
- News AirAsia pilot suspended for wrongly transmitting ‘hijack code’: Report
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Force Motors has launched the Gurkha Xtreme in India at a starting price of Rs 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India). With a new 140bhp engine, the Gurkha Xtreme is now the top-of-the-line model in the Force Gurkha line-up.
The Force Gurkha has become a legendary name in the Indian off-roading scene due to its ability to traverse almost any terrain. It had a torquey engine, low ratio gearbox and even locking differentials.
This, combined with great approach, ramp breakover and departure angles made it unstoppable where the roads ended. However, it had one major issue and this is where the Mahindra Thar, its archrival outsold the Gurkha.
With a maximum power output of just 85bhp, the Force Gurkha Xplorer was not exactly a fast off-roader. Now though, Gurkha fans and enthusiasts can rejoice as Force Motors has launched the Gurkha Xtreme.
There are no major changes in the exterior design when compared to the Gurkha Xplorer. It comes with the same boxy design, single-slate front grille, and tough front bumper with metal skid plate.
The turn signal indicators located on top of the front fenders are now in a clear lens design. The biggest change comes in the form of new alloy wheels. The Major changes though are mechanical in nature.
The Force Gurkha Xtreme is powered by a 2.2-litre engine with a maximum power output of 140bhp and a peak torque output of 321Nm. That is a huge step up from the 85bhp and 230Nm derived from the 2.6-litre engine powering the current Force Gurkha Xpedition and Xplorer.
This engine is derived from the Mercedes-Benz OM611 engine family and is the same unit that powered the Force One SUV when it was in production. The Force Gurkha Xtreme still comes with 4-wheel-drive and a low ratio gearbox with locking front and rear differentials.
The suspension too has been upgraded for the Gurkha Xtreme as the SUV now rides on multi-link suspension up front too. It also gets anti-roll bars at both ends. The interiors too have been updated. The Force Gurkha Xtreme has a new centre console with new shift levers for the gearbox and transfer case.
Thoughts On Force Gurkha Xtreme Launch
The only disadvantage of the Force Gurkha has now been worked upon. With the new engine, the Force Gurkha Xtreme has everything going in its favour as a brilliant off-roader. The Force Gurkha now has the abilities of a mountain goat for when the going gets tough. It now won't be a slouch out on the highway either.
More importantly, it now has more than it needs to take on the Mahindra Thar on road and off it.