TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
In an unfortunate incident, a Ferrari California T crashed into the guide rails of a flyover in Howrah district outside Kolkata. According to reports from Team-BHP, the driver of the Ferrari died before reaching the hospital.
According to the reports, the Ferrari was driven at high speeds before taking a turn towards a bridge in Domjur area of Howrah district outside Kolkata. Here, the driver lost control of his Ferrari and collided with the guardrails of the Pakuria flyover.
The Ferrari also had a young woman co-passenger, who sustained severe injuries. She was admitted to the nearest hospital immediately. However, the driver of the Ferrari, unfortunately, was pronounced dead when brought in to the hospital.
The Ferrari was part of a seven-car motorcade, out for a long Sunday drive. The lineup of cars was returning to Kolkata when the unfortunate incident took place. The group was part of the ‘Club GT' of Kolkata.
The cars involved in the drive: Mercedes SLC 43 AMG, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 488 Spyder, BMW i8, Porsche Boxster, Volkswagen Polo GTi and the Ferrari California T.
Reports suggest that the driver of the Ferrari took a sharp turn to avoid a truck in front, which had suddenly slowed down.
Police have started working out the exact details of the incident. However, they did mention that the car was speeding at over 120km/h when the accident occurred.
The police are still trying to ascertain if the incident occurred because of over-speeding or because of the truck in front slowing down.
Police mentioned that none of the witnesses remembers the number plate of the truck. Also, the absence of CCTV cameras at the junction would make it tough to trace the truck.
Thoughts On The Ferrari Crash In Kolkata
In a very unfortunate incident, one person died while another person suffered critical injuries. This shows the importance of driving carefully while either on the city streets or out on the highway.