- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 7 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 7 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 9 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Weather today: Rains to pick up pace around weekend in Mumbai
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
In an unfortunate incident, a Ferrari California T crashed into the guide rails of a flyover in Howrah district outside Kolkata. According to reports from Team-BHP, the driver of the Ferrari died before reaching the hospital.
According to the reports, the Ferrari was driven at high speeds before taking a turn towards a bridge in Domjur area of Howrah district outside Kolkata. Here, the driver lost control of his Ferrari and collided with the guardrails of the Pakuria flyover.
The Ferrari also had a young woman co-passenger, who sustained severe injuries. She was admitted to the nearest hospital immediately. However, the driver of the Ferrari, unfortunately, was pronounced dead when brought in to the hospital.
The Ferrari was part of a seven-car motorcade, out for a long Sunday drive. The lineup of cars was returning to Kolkata when the unfortunate incident took place. The group was part of the ‘Club GT' of Kolkata.
The cars involved in the drive: Mercedes SLC 43 AMG, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 488 Spyder, BMW i8, Porsche Boxster, Volkswagen Polo GTi and the Ferrari California T.
Reports suggest that the driver of the Ferrari took a sharp turn to avoid a truck in front, which had suddenly slowed down.
Police have started working out the exact details of the incident. However, they did mention that the car was speeding at over 120km/h when the accident occurred.
The police are still trying to ascertain if the incident occurred because of over-speeding or because of the truck in front slowing down.
Police mentioned that none of the witnesses remembers the number plate of the truck. Also, the absence of CCTV cameras at the junction would make it tough to trace the truck.
Thoughts On The Ferrari Crash In Kolkata
In a very unfortunate incident, one person died while another person suffered critical injuries. This shows the importance of driving carefully while either on the city streets or out on the highway.