- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 14 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Ferrari 488 Pista showcased at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The new 488 Pista is the track-oriented version of the current Ferrari 488 GTB. It is also the successor to the Ferrari 458 Speciale and will be a limited edition. The Ferrari 488 Pista is the most powerful road-legal V8 Ferrari ever.
The word ‘Pista' stands for 'Track'; Ferrari's Pista di Fiorano circuit to be exact. Most of the mechanical and electronic components have been borrowed from Ferrari's track car, the 488 Challenge.
The Ferrari 488 Pista has the same 3.9-litre twin-turbo V8 as in the 488 GTB. But the 488 Pista produces 710bhp @ 8000rpm and 770Nm @ 3000rpm, which are 48bhp and 10Nm higher than the GTB.
All the power is sent to the rear wheels via 7-speed dual-clutch automatic. The Pista takes 2.85 seconds to do a 0-100km/h sprint. Top speed stands at 340km/h.
The Ferrari 488 Pista is loaded with carbon fibre, an active rear spoiler and 20-inch carbon fibre wheels. The Pista offers 20% more downforce than the 488 GTB thanks to the F1-inspired S-duct, underbody vortex generators, new front and rear diffuser elements and the spoiler.
The Pista also gets advanced driving aids such as an updated Side-Slip Angle Control. The system includes an electronic differential, magnetorheological suspension, F1-spec telemetry and Ferrari's new ‘Ferrari Dynamic Enhancer'.
Ferrari Dynamic enhancer can adjust the braking pressure on each calliper for better cornering stability. In short, the 488 Pista is a track-weapon you can drive on the streets.
Thoughts On The New Ferrari 488 Pista
The Ferrari 488 Pista, like the proven 458 Speciale, is an insane supercar. With the new 488 Pista, Ferrari has clearly aimed at the McLaren 720S. But, whether it can hold up against the upcoming LT version of the 720S is something we have to wait and see!