- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Third-Party Motor Insurance Cover Set To Become Expensive
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9T gets certified hinting imminent launch
- News Why does the opposition play good EVM, bad EVM selectively: BJP
- Movies Salman Khan TAKES A SHARP JIBE At Priyanka Chopra For Choosing Wedding With Nick Jonas Over Bharat
- Sports FIFA working on solution for Women's World Cup ticketing issue
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Commercial vehicle maker Eicher Trucks and Buses has launched the Skyline Pro electric bus in India. The Skyline Pro E is the first-ever electric bus from the company in the country. The eco-friendly bus is based on the Skyline Pro platform and features electrification technology developed by KPIT Technologies.
The newly launched Eicher Skyline Pro electric buses feature Revolo electrification technology which is a modular system that can be applied in a wide range of cars and buses. The electric powertrain includes an electric motor, electric motor controller, battery pack and a battery management system.
Eicher claims that the Skyline Pro electric bus will regenerate 36 percent of the energy and this will result in power consumption of less than 0.8 units per km. The electric bus has a range of 177km on a single charge with air-conditioning. Eicher becomes the latest manufacturer after BYD to enter the electric bus segment.
The new Skyline Pro electric bus is based on the Skyline Pro platform and measures nine meters in length and is equipped with air-conditioning. The bus also features top-up charger. Another prominent highlight of the Revolo technology is that it allows the bus to operate at a lower voltage.
The Eicher Skyline Pro electric buses have been certified to ply on Indian roads and complies with the highest safety standards which also includes nail penetration test for the batteries. The electric buses will be manufactured at Eicher's Indore production facility in Madhya Pradesh.
Vinod Aggarwal, MD and CEO of VE Commercial Vehicles said, "Together with KPIT Technologies Ltd., we bring our core competencies of a strong bus platform and indigenous technology to build the right products for the market. The Smart Electric Skyline Pro E buses are certified to ply on Indian roads and we are confident they will bring great value to commuters, city transportation corporations and other organisations in this ecosystem."
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Eicher Skyline Pro Electric Bus
The Indian government is planning to shift to pure electric commercial vehicles by 2030 and the products such as Eicher Skyline Pro electric buses will play a key role in achieving the goal. The electric bus features best-in-class intelligent transport system. The zero-emission bus has also gone through rigorous testing to ensure the safety of passengers.