TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The Eicher Polaris Multix utility vehicle has been discontinued in India. The reason behind this is the termination of the partnership between Eicher Motors and US-based Polaris Industries due to the poor sales and demand. The Multix was launched in 2015, and due to dwindling sales, the utility vehicle has been discontinued in the country.
The Eicher Polaris Private Limited was formed back in 2012 with a 50:50 partnership and now the joint venture has come to an end owing to the poor sales of the Multix. The Multix was India's first personal utility vehicle capable of carrying passengers and cargo.
Eicher Motors stated that the initial interests could not be sustained and the Multix failed to meet the expectations.
Eicher Polaris Private Limited reported a net loss of Rs 91.83 crore in the financial year 2016-17. Despite discontinuing the Multix in India, Eicher Polaris will continue to provide spares and service support for the utility vehicle. The Multix was a perfect utility vehicle for light use as it doesn't need to be registered as a commercial vehicle.
The Multix draws power from a 652cc single cylinder Greaves four-stroke diesel engine producing 13.2bhp and 37Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 4-speed manual gearbox. The Eicher Polaris Multix delivers a claimed mileage of 28.45kpl.
The Multix was also equipped with a 3kW power-take-off pot called as X-Port which is capable o powering lights and pumps. The Multix is a five-seater vehicle with cargo space or can be adapted to offer around 2-litre of cargo space.
The Eicher Polaris Multix was offered in two variants: AX+ and MX. Eicher Polaris introduced the BS-IV compliant version of the Multix in 2016 with a starting price of Rs 3.19 lakh ex-showroom (India). But the Multix failed to deliver the results and did not click in the rural market.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Discontinuation Of Eicher Polaris Multix
The Eicher Polaris Multix was a unique and India's first personal utility vehicle. The Multix was targeted towards the rural market as the vehicle could be used for carrying passengers and cargo. But due to the poor sales Eicher and Polaris have decided to discontinue the Multix in India.