TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Customers can book the redi-GO 1.0L AMT across all the Nissan and Datsun dealerships in the country by making an advance payment of Rs 10,000. The deliveries will begin from January 23, 2018.
Datsun India launched the redi-GO in the Indian market in 2016 with an 800cc engine. And it was followed by a 1-litre variant with a manual gearbox in 2017. Now, the company is gearing up for the launch of the redi-GO AMT in the country, which will give more options to the Indian car buyers.
The Datsun redi-GO is based on the CMF-A platform and shares engine and components with the Renault Kwid. The hatchback retails at a lower price tag than the Kwid and features funky and sporty styling. To know more about the redi-GO 1.0L, you can also read our first drive review of the car.
The AMT variant of the Datsun redi-GO will draw power from the existing 1-litre Intelligent Spark Automated Technology (iSAT), three-cylinder petrol engine producing 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed automated transmission. It will be interesting to see if redi-GO AMT will get the rotary knob from the Kwid or a traditional gear stick.
The Datsun redi-GO is a versatile car that combines the roominess, agility and efficiency of a hatchback with the best-in-class ground clearance and high seating position. The redi-GO AMT will join the popular Datsun lineup that includes redi-GO 0.8L, redi-GO Sport, redi-GO 1.0L and redi-GO GOLD.
Managing Director of Nissan India, Jerome Saigot said, "With the new redi-GO AMT, we aim to provide consumers with the convenience of city drive at an accessible price and best in class ground clearance, mileage, head room space, high seating position and attractive design."
Datsun is all set to introduce the redi-GO 1.0L AMT in the Indian market, which will give the customers more options in the entry-level hatchback segment. With the AMT gearbox, the redi-GO will be an easy-to-drive car in the urban conditions and will be one of the cheapest cars in India with an AMT gearbox.