- 29 min ago Honda City Gets Google Assistant Feature: Fifth-Generation Sedan Gets Voice-Commands
- 2 hrs ago Tata Ace Gold Petrol CX Launched At Rs 3.99 Lakh: India’s Most-Affordable 4-Wheeler LCV
- 3 hrs ago Benelli 502c Launched In India At Rs 4.98 Lakh: 46bhp, TFT Display & USD Forks Available
- 4 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Himalayan Variant Spied Testing With Several Changes: Pics & Details
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Games organisers justify COVID-19 measures
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Series With 2K Display, Snapdragon 870 Chip Leaked: August Launch Likely
- Finance Gold Prices Gain After Fed’s Dovish Tone: Check Gold Prices In Major Cities
- Movies Actor Venu Arvind Admitted To Hospital Post Brain Surgery
- News Check this intriguing layer where internal rotation profile of Sun changes theoretically
- Lifestyle 10 Common Foods And Drinks That Can Cause Stomach Pain; How Many Of These Do You Eat Regularly?
- Education MP Board 12th Result 2021 Pass Percentage And Highlights
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The term 'Ceramic Coating' is familiar to most car buyers today. Even before delivery, some take their new car for applying ceramic coating. Ceramic coating is a clear coat which includes a liquid polymer.
When ceramic coating is applied on a car's body, the polymer forms a chemical bonding with the factory paint. Once coated, it can only be removed by abrasion and not by any chemicals. If done correctly, ceramic coating can even last the lifetime of the car.
Planning to apply ceramic coating on your car? Here are the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic coating that you should know about!
Ceramic Coating Advantages
Ceramic coating offers good protection to the car's surface. The nano-coating can protect the car from most scratches, dirt and chemical contaminants. Ceramic coating also doesn't have any side-effects to the original paint.
Ceramic coating also lasts longer than regular paint. Sincethe coating is infused with the stock paint due to strong chemical bonding, the protection stays put even under heavy shocks and vibrations.
A car with ceramic coating is also easier to clean. The body panels of a ceramic coated car will be smooth and free of abrasions. Such a surface offers no place for dirt to stick on to. Even if it does, a simple swipe with a clean cloth brings the car back to its radiant finish.
Earlier, cars were given that extra shine by waxing. However, waxing is temporary and will eventually wear off. Both waxing and ceramic coating takes a considerable amount of time to be applied. But in the long run, ceramic coating is better than waxing due to its long life and better finish.
The long life of ceramic coating indirectly makes it highly cost-effective. In addition to all the above advantages, ceramic coating makes your car look so much better.
Ceramic Coating Disadvantages
All the above-mentioned advantages of ceramic coating come at a high price. The market price of ceramic coating an average car is in the range of Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000 or even more, depending on the quality. Though it might be cheaper than PPF (Paint Protection Film), the price of ceramic coating is still high.
Ceramic coating application takes time. If you plan to do ceramic coating on your car, be ready to leave it at the detailing shop for at least three days. Also, if not done correctly or professionally, ceramic coating might look worse than the original paint finish of your car.
Thoughts On Ceramic Coating Advantages And Disadvantages
Everybody wants to keep their cars in their best shine all its life. Since ceramic coating offers protection for all the lifetime of the car, people still opt it even at a high cost. There are many reputed detailing shops in India, such as Ceramic Pro, Calgary, and 3M, which offers good quality ceramic coating. If ceramic coating is not your thing, you can always opt for the lesser wax protection or the superior Paint Protection Film.