- 7 hrs ago Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- 8 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Launching In India On 18 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 10 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Facelift Models Launching In India On 3 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire MPV Launching In India On 26 February: Details And Expected Price
- Lifestyle Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Sports I-League: Preview: Chennai, Aizawl face-off in a bid to move up the league table
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
The term 'Ceramic Coating' is familiar to most car buyers today. Even before delivery, some take their new car for applying ceramic coating. Ceramic coating is a clear coat which includes a liquid polymer.
When ceramic coating is applied on a car's body, the polymer forms a chemical bonding with the factory paint. Once coated, it can only be removed by abrasion and not by any chemicals. If done correctly, ceramic coating can even last the lifetime of the car.
Planning to apply ceramic coating on your car? Here are the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic coating that you should know about!
Ceramic Coating Advantages
Ceramic coating offers good protection to the car's surface. The nano-coating can protect the car from most scratches, dirt and chemical contaminants. Ceramic coating also doesn't have any side-effects to the original paint.
Ceramic coating also lasts longer than regular paint. Sincethe coating is infused with the stock paint due to strong chemical bonding, the protection stays put even under heavy shocks and vibrations.
A car with ceramic coating is also easier to clean. The body panels of a ceramic coated car will be smooth and free of abrasions. Such a surface offers no place for dirt to stick on to. Even if it does, a simple swipe with a clean cloth brings the car back to its radiant finish.
Earlier, cars were given that extra shine by waxing. However, waxing is temporary and will eventually wear off. Both waxing and ceramic coating takes a considerable amount of time to be applied. But in the long run, ceramic coating is better than waxing due to its long life and better finish.
The long life of ceramic coating indirectly makes it highly cost-effective. In addition to all the above advantages, ceramic coating makes your car look so much better.
Ceramic Coating Disadvantages
All the above-mentioned advantages of ceramic coating come at a high price. The market price of ceramic coating an average car is in the range of Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000 or even more, depending on the quality. Though it might be cheaper than PPF (Paint Protection Film), the price of ceramic coating is still high.
Ceramic coating application takes time. If you plan to do ceramic coating on your car, be ready to leave it at the detailing shop for at least three days. Also, if not done correctly or professionally, ceramic coating might look worse than the original paint finish of your car.
Thoughts On Ceramic Coating Advantages And Disadvantages
Everybody wants to keep their cars in their best shine all its life. Since ceramic coating offers protection for all the lifetime of the car, people still opt it even at a high cost. There are many reputed detailing shops in India, such as Ceramic Pro, Calgary, and 3M, which offers good quality ceramic coating. If ceramic coating is not your thing, you can always opt for the lesser wax protection or the superior Paint Protection Film.