- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 8 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 11 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 11 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The term 'Ceramic Coating' is familiar to most car buyers today. Even before delivery, some take their new car for applying ceramic coating. Ceramic coating is a clear coat which includes a liquid polymer.
When ceramic coating is applied on a car's body, the polymer forms a chemical bonding with the factory paint. Once coated, it can only be removed by abrasion and not by any chemicals. If done correctly, ceramic coating can even last the lifetime of the car.
Planning to apply ceramic coating on your car? Here are the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic coating that you should know about!
Ceramic Coating Advantages
Ceramic coating offers good protection to the car's surface. The nano-coating can protect the car from most scratches, dirt and chemical contaminants. Ceramic coating also doesn't have any side-effects to the original paint.
Ceramic coating also lasts longer than regular paint. Sincethe coating is infused with the stock paint due to strong chemical bonding, the protection stays put even under heavy shocks and vibrations.
A car with ceramic coating is also easier to clean. The body panels of a ceramic coated car will be smooth and free of abrasions. Such a surface offers no place for dirt to stick on to. Even if it does, a simple swipe with a clean cloth brings the car back to its radiant finish.
Earlier, cars were given that extra shine by waxing. However, waxing is temporary and will eventually wear off. Both waxing and ceramic coating takes a considerable amount of time to be applied. But in the long run, ceramic coating is better than waxing due to its long life and better finish.
The long life of ceramic coating indirectly makes it highly cost-effective. In addition to all the above advantages, ceramic coating makes your car look so much better.
Ceramic Coating Disadvantages
All the above-mentioned advantages of ceramic coating come at a high price. The market price of ceramic coating an average car is in the range of Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000 or even more, depending on the quality. Though it might be cheaper than PPF (Paint Protection Film), the price of ceramic coating is still high.
Ceramic coating application takes time. If you plan to do ceramic coating on your car, be ready to leave it at the detailing shop for at least three days. Also, if not done correctly or professionally, ceramic coating might look worse than the original paint finish of your car.
Thoughts On Ceramic Coating Advantages And Disadvantages
Everybody wants to keep their cars in their best shine all its life. Since ceramic coating offers protection for all the lifetime of the car, people still opt it even at a high cost. There are many reputed detailing shops in India, such as Ceramic Pro, Calgary, and 3M, which offers good quality ceramic coating. If ceramic coating is not your thing, you can always opt for the lesser wax protection or the superior Paint Protection Film.