- 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 8.19 Lakh
- Maruti Ciaz Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 8.19 Lakh
- Yamaha YZF-R15 V 3.0 MotoGP Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Hero Xtreme 200R Launched Pan-India; Priced At Rs 89,900
- Indian Chieftain Elite Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh — A One-Of-A-Kind Limited Edition Motorcycle
- Maruti Dzire Special Edition Launched At Rs 5.56 Lakh; Gets ABS & Power Windows On The Base Trims
With the M-Sport trim, the X1 now receives the 'M Aerodynamic Package'. This 'M' package on the BMW X1 comes with larger air vents on the front bumper, along with a rear bumper with an integrated diffuser.
The new trim on the X1 also offers a range of additional accessories. This includes side skirts, body-coloured cladding on the wheel arches and M-division runners on the door sills. The BMW X1 M-Sport also gets gloss-black slats on its signature kidney grille.
Apart from the 'M Package', other standard features on the BMW X1 include LED headlamps and Daytime Running Lights and 18-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, the BMW X1 sDrive20d M-Sport comes with a host of features, including two-zone climate control, ambient lighting, multi-function sports leather steering wheel, heads-up display and a panoramic sunroof.
Other features standard across all variants of the X1: a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with inbuilt functions such as iDrive, Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and BMW Apps.
The new BMW X1 sDrive20d M-Sport is powered by the same 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine. It produces 187bhp and 400Nm of peak torque. The engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. The X1 also offers features such as paddle shifters and launch control as standard.
Safety features on the BMW X1: six-airbags, ABS with brake assist, Dynamic Stability Control, traction control, ISOFIX child seat anchors and run-flat tyres.
Thoughts On The BMW X1 sDrive20d M-Sport
The German carmaker hopes that the addition of the M-Sport trim will help strengthen the competitiveness of the SUV in the market. The BMW X1 in India takes on rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and the Volvo XC40.