TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
BMW M8 Gran Coupe concept unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe is the 4-door version of the recently-revealed 8-Series concept. The flagship BMW is aimed to rival the Aston Martin Rapide, Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe and even the Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
The upcoming 8-Series lineup includes Coupe, Convertible and 4-Door variants. The base 8-Series will be powered by a 3.0-litre straight-six engine (both petrol and diesel).
There will be two M-variants of the 8-Series. The base M8 will get a 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 while the top variant and the flagship BMW will get a 6.6-litre twin-turbo V12.
Both the engines will produce upwards of 500bhp and 600Nm of torque. The M8 Gran Coupe is expected to have the same All-Wheel-Drive system as in the new BMW M5.
From the looks, the BMW M8 Gran Coupe concept looks more production-ready than the 8-Series concept. The car features a new design for the iconic BMW kidney-grille, large air dams, sharp headlamps with DRLs and a strong shoulder line.
The doors get frameless windows. The 5-spoke ‘star-shaped' alloys look really good, but they are too large to make it into production. The BMW M8 Gran Coupe concept gets an integrated ducktail too.
The aggressive rear bumper of the BMW M8 Gran Coupe gets quad-exhausts. The LED cluster in the taillamps looks neat and modern.
The BMW 8-Series is set to be launched later this year. The M8 Gran Coupe, on the other hand, will be launched only by mid-2019.
Thoughts On The BMW M8 Gran Coupe Concept
With the new M8 Gran Coupe, BMW aims to enter into the ultra-premium segment which is ruled by Aston Martin, Bentley and Rolls-Royce. The V12 engine proposed for the M8 Gran Coupe powers the Rolls-Royce Ghost and Dawn. If the production version looks anything close to this, BMW might have another winner in their portfolio.