- 11 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 12 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 13 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 14 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 1: Career Best Opening For Ram Pothineni!
- News Karnataka crisis: BJP lawmakers dine, sleep inside Vidhana Soudha to protest bias
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
BMW India has launched the new M2 Competition in the country, at Rs 79.9 lakh ex-showroom (India). 'Bimmer fans' were waiting for the BMW M2 to launch in India, for a very long time. The M2 is the cheapest car from BMW's 'M' division and also the best 'M car' (as enthusiasts say).
The BMW M2 is now available in India, as well as on other markets, only in the Competition package. In fact, the new BMW M2 Competition is "more M than ever" since it uses a whole range of performance components supplied by the brand's ‘M-Sport' division.
The design of the new BMW M2 Competition is sportier compared to the now-discontinued regular version. The car has got a black theme overall and it certainly looks performance-ready. As an additional plus, India-spec M2 also gets an adjustable sports exhaust as standard.
On the inside, the M2 Competition comes with a neat mix of carbon fibre, Alcantara and leather. ‘M' badges are spread all across the cabin and optional extras such as a premium audio system and M2 Sports Seats are also available.
Powering the BMW M2 Competition is a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged straight-six engine which makes 405bhp and 550Nm of torque. The M2 Competition sold in India will come only with a seven-speed dual clutch transmission, while the ones sold outside can be opted with a six-speed manual too. All the power is sent to the rear wheels.
The new BMW M2 Competition can do a 0-100km/h sprint in 4.2 seconds. The top speed, on the other hand, can cross 250km/h. The short wheelbase and the 50:50 weight distribution further make it an agile sportscar.
In India, the BMW M2 Competition rivals the Porsche Cayman S, Ford Mustang, Mercedes-AMG SLC43 and the Audi RS5. All its rivals come at a higher price point and they indirectly make the M2 Competition, quite a value-for-money sportscar.
Thoughts On The New BMW M2 Competition
The most affordable ‘M car' is also called the best ‘M car', due to the raw nature of the BMW M2. Purists say that the BMW M2 is the closest thing you can get to the driver-focussed BMW cars of the past, such as the E30 M3, E36 M3 or the 1 Series Coupe. What do you think of the new BMW M2 Competition — the sportscar which Indian petrolheads were waiting for?