- Kerala Floods 2018 — Major Automotive Brands Lend Out Support
- BMW M2 Competition Listed On Indian Website — The Best Modern M-Car Should Launch In India Soon!
- BMW X1 sDrive20d M-Sport Launched In India; Priced At Rs 41.50 Lakh
- BMW HP4 Race Launched In India At Rs 85 Lakh — Limited To Just 750 Units Worldwide
- BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport Launched In India; Priced At Rs 46.60 Lakh
- BMW E30 3 Series — A Restored Ultimate Driving Machine From India
The BMW M2 in India will only be available with the ‘Competition package'. This package offers more styling upgrades to the car, along with enhanced performance figures.
The new BMW M2 Competition will come with the same 3.0-litre as seen on its larger siblings, the M3 and M4. The twin-turbocharged engine will produce 405bhp and 550Nm of torque. This will come mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox in India.
The car features a front engine, rear-wheel drive setup which accelerates from 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds. The top speed of the BMW M2 is electronically limited to 250km/h. The M2 also has the optional ‘M2 Driver's Package' which increases top speed to 280km/h. However, it is unlikely that BMW would bring this option to India.
In terms of features on the BMW M2 Competition, the car gets standard five-spoke M-Sport wheels or the optional 19-inch competition wheel. The car also receives the option of M-Sport leather seats, Apple CarPlay, Harman Kardon Audio System, BMW Apps and built-in navigation. As an India only standard fitment, BMW will provide the M2 with a full-size spare wheel.
Apart from these, BMW will also offer M Performance extras on the M2. These include the carbon-fibre bits on the roof, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, side skirts, exhaust tip and boot-lid. BMW will also offer the 19-inch forged wheels, along with the M Brake package on the M2.
Thoughts On The BMW M2 Competition launch In India
The BMW M2 Competition in India will be available in five different colour choices, with a standard all-black interior. Prices for the M2 is expected to be around Rs 85 lakh, ex-showroom. The BMW M2 once launched in India, will rival the Porsche 718 Cayman S and the upcoming Audi TT RS.