TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
The BMW M2 in India will only be available with the ‘Competition package'. This package offers more styling upgrades to the car, along with enhanced performance figures.
The new BMW M2 Competition will come with the same 3.0-litre as seen on its larger siblings, the M3 and M4. The twin-turbocharged engine will produce 405bhp and 550Nm of torque. This will come mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox in India.
The car features a front engine, rear-wheel drive setup which accelerates from 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds. The top speed of the BMW M2 is electronically limited to 250km/h. The M2 also has the optional ‘M2 Driver's Package' which increases top speed to 280km/h. However, it is unlikely that BMW would bring this option to India.
In terms of features on the BMW M2 Competition, the car gets standard five-spoke M-Sport wheels or the optional 19-inch competition wheel. The car also receives the option of M-Sport leather seats, Apple CarPlay, Harman Kardon Audio System, BMW Apps and built-in navigation. As an India only standard fitment, BMW will provide the M2 with a full-size spare wheel.
Apart from these, BMW will also offer M Performance extras on the M2. These include the carbon-fibre bits on the roof, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, side skirts, exhaust tip and boot-lid. BMW will also offer the 19-inch forged wheels, along with the M Brake package on the M2.
Thoughts On The BMW M2 Competition launch In India
The BMW M2 Competition in India will be available in five different colour choices, with a standard all-black interior. Prices for the M2 is expected to be around Rs 85 lakh, ex-showroom. The BMW M2 once launched in India, will rival the Porsche 718 Cayman S and the upcoming Audi TT RS.