TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
German automaker BMW has revealed the iX3 electric SUV at the Beijing Motor Show. With the unveiling of the iX3 electric SUV, BMW has expanded its electric vehicle portfolio. The BMW iX3 is the first vehicle from the German automaker to run purely on electric power.
The BMW iX3 is the electric variant of the X3 SUV and is based on the fifth generation BMW eDrive technology. The BMW iX3 brings in new technology along with more powerful batteries. On the design front, the iX3 shares its design elements from the standard X3.
The new BMW iX3 features signature kidney grille which is closed to reduce air resistance. The electric SUV also gets blue accents around the grille, logo, at the front, skid skirts and rear diffuser element. Overall, the iX3 sports a striking design with the Moonstone Silver matte colour scheme.
The BMW iX3 electric SUV is also equipped with aerodynamically optimised wheels shod with low rolling resistance tyres.
The BMW iX3 electric SUV is equipped with a 70kW electric motor churning out 270bhp. The iX3 SUV delivers a driving range of 400km on a single charge.
Another prominent highlight of the BMW iX3 is the high-voltage battery developed for the fifth-gen eDrive technology which is optimised for charging capability. The energy storage system gets a new charging control unit for fast-charging compatibility. The battery can be charged in just 30 minutes.
BMW has not revealed the technical details of the electric powertrain but stated that the powertrain will compact in design as compared to the i3 equipped with an electric motor, transmission and power electric as a single component.
Thoughts On The BMW iX3 Electric SUV
The BMW iX3 electric SUV is the first vehicle to run on pure electric power. But the iX3 will be the third production electric vehicle from BMW Group after the facelifted i3 and the Mini E, which will be introduced in 2019. The BMW iX3 will go on sale in 2020 and will rival the likes of Jaguar I-Pace, Audi e-Tron Quattro and Mercedes-Benz EQ C.