- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora Afte She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Technology Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain Explains Why Redmi K20 Series Is Expensive
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
BMW has launched the 6-Series Gran Turismo diesel variant in India. The new BMW 6-Series GT is available in two variants: Luxury Line and M-Sport. Prices for the new BMW GT starts at Rs 66.50 lakh for the Luxury line. While the M-Sport variant is priced at Rs 73.70 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The BMW 6-Series GT is now available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol version of the Gran Turismo offering was launched during the 2018 Auto Expo. The BMW 6-series GT diesel will be available across all BMW dealerships in India.
The BMW 630d GT will be locally assembled at the company's plant in Chennai. The new 6-Series Gran Turismo offering will replace the 5-Series GT in BMW's India lineup.
The BMW 6-Series GT is available in a range of four colour options. These colour choices include Mineral White, Glacier Silver, Mediterranean Blue and Royal Burgundy Red.
There is also a choice of two metallic paint schemes available. However, this will be offered exclusively on the M-Sport variant. The two metallic paint choices: Carbon Black and Bluestone.
The Luxury Line variant of the BMW 6-Series GT comes with extensive chrome styling. The chrome package is available on the signature kidney grille, front bumper, rear apron and the tailpipe.
The M-Sport variant comes with the sporty ‘M Performance Package'. This package includes specially designed side skirts and rear apron, large front air intakes, and M-Sport brakes. The ‘M logo' can be seen on the car sides, door sills, car key and on the alloy wheels.
Interiors on the Luxury Line receives a two-part panoramic glass roof, electrically adjustable rear seats, comfort cushion for the headrest, sunblinds for rear windows.
Other interior features on the BMW 6-Series GT Luxury Line: ambient lighting, six-selectable light designs, fine wood interiors and highlight trim finisher in pearl chrome.
The M-Sport variant interiors use exclusive Nappa leather upholstery with contrast stitching. It also includes comfort seats for the driver and front passenger, memory function and enhanced thigh-support. The 630d M-Sport variant also comes standard with soft close function.
Other standard features on the new BMW 6-Series GT: 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Rear-Seat entertainment with 10.2-inch colour screens, BMW Navigation, BMW Connected Drive and a Harman Kardon Audio System.
The M-Sport variant additionally features a heads-up display with a full-colour projection.
Safety Features on the BMW 6-Series GT includes Parking Assist, Park Distance Control, Surround View Camera, Remote Control Engine Start/Stop, Surround View of the car, and a 3D image of the surrounding traffic situation.
It also includes six airbags, ABS with brake assist, dynamic stability control, hill descent control, run-flat tyres, crash sensor, side-impact protection, cornering brake control and ISOFIX child seat mounting.
The BMW 630d GT is powered by a TwinPower Turbo 3.0-litre, six-cylinder diesel engine. This produces 265bhp and 620Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to an eight-speed Steptronic sport automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The BMW 6-Series GT Diesel
The first-ever BMW 6-Series GT was first launched at the 2018 Auto Expo in India. However, it was available only in the petrol variant. BMW has now broadened the range, with the launch of the diesel version in the country.
In India, the BMW 6-Series GT rivals the likes of the long wheelbase Mercedes-Benz E-Class.