- 1 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 17 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 25 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Movies Maharshi Box Office Collections 2 Weeks: Mahesh Babu's Movie Has A Splendid Run
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
BMW is set to reveal its seventh generation 3-series sedan at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. Ahead of its unveil, the new BMW 3-series, codenamed G20 has been spied testing in India for the first time.
The spy video on youtube by Sajo21, showcases a heavily camouflaged sedan conducting emission testing. The new BMW 3-series, the G20 is based on the CLAR platform with the rear-wheel drive system.
The new BMW 3-series comes with an extensive use of aluminium and other materials. This makes the new sedan 55kg lighter than its predecessor. The new car is said to get a big boost in terms of its handling.
The G20 will come with 50:50 weight distribution between its front and rear wheels. BMW has also reduced the centre of gravity by 10mm, further improving handling. The new 3-series is also expected to feature lift-related dampers, reducing vibrations during cornering.
BMW has also provided the option of M-sport suspension on the new 3-series. The 2019 3-series sedan will borrow design inspiration from its larger siblings, the 5 and 7-series. The car will also feature new LED headlamp and tail lamps, along with an updated bumper design. The 2019 BMW 3-series will also feature new 18-inch alloy wheels.
Inside, the new BMW 3-series is also expected to get some major updates, both in terms of features and design. The 2019 sedan is also likely to receive autonomous tech from its bigger siblings. BMW is also updating its i-drive system, to offer improved responsiveness.
Rumours also suggestthat the G20 will come with the most powerful four-cylinder petrol engine. This new engine is said to be more powerful and efficient than the one seen on the current generation 3-series.
BMW is also likely to introduce diesel and plug-in hybrid models of the 3-series followed by an electric version at a later stage.
Thoughts On The New 2019 BMW 3-Series
BMW is readying the unveil of their latest seventh-generation 3-series sedan. Once unveiled at the Paris Motor Show later this year, the model will be introduced in the international markets soon after.
BMW is also expected to introduce the new 3-series in India sometime in mid-2019. Once launched in India, the new 3-series sedan will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Jaguar XE and the Audi A4.