- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 11 hrs ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- 12 hrs ago Osmania University Students Build Formula Race Car From Scratch — Powered By A 390cc Engine?
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Hardtop Spotted: Spy Pics And Details
- Movies iSmart Shankar Box Office Collections Day 3: A Terrific Day For The Ram Pothineni Starrer!
- News Heart filled with grief: Sonia Gandhi's emotional letter to Dikshit's son
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
MG Motors is all set to make its India debut in 2019 and we have already reported about the MG RX5 being tested on Indian roads. Now, Autocar India has spotted the Baojun E100 electric car testing on Indian roads. It looks like MG Motors is readying a slew of products for the Indian market.
The report states that MG Motor India has imported several vehicles which includes an electric SUV, a sedan and a small electric car which is called as Baojun E100. The Baojun E100 electric cars have been spotted for the very first time and EV is unlikely to make it to the Indian market anytime soon.
The Baojun E100 electric car is manufactured by the parent company of MG Motors - SAIC. The E100 micro electric car is already launched in China in August 2017. The small electric car measures just over 2-metres and it is shorter than the Tata Nano.
The Baojun E100 electric car features an upright rear fascia with wraparound tail lights. The spotted model is a left-hand-drive model. The Baojun E100 is capable of reaching a top speed of 100km/h and delivers a driving range of 200km on a single charge. The E100 EV will be an ideal car for urban conditions.
The Baojun E100 micro electric car sold in the Chinese market comes with features such as a 7-inch infotainment screen with Wi-Fi capability, a touchpad controller, electric power steering and keyless entry. Safety features of the EV include ABS with EBD, electronic parking brake, parking sensors, pedestrian alert system and ISOFIX child safety mounts.
The Baojun E100 electric car is equipped with a single electric motor that produces 39bhp and 110Nm of torque. The electric motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery. The battery pack can be fully charged in 7.5 hours. The E100 electric car also features regenerative braking system.
Thoughts On The Baojun E100 Electric Car
MG Motor India has been testing several vehicles on Indian roads and the latest model to be spotted is the Baojun E100 electric car. It is a micro electric car designed for the urban environment with decent driving range. But the Baojun E100 is unlikely to make it to the Indian shore anytime soon.