- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- News PM Modi meets Arun Shourie at Pune hospital, enquires about his health
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Sports Warne awaits big pay day for his small stake in Rajasthan Royals
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
The Lancia Delta Integrale Futurista — the creation of the Italian coachbuilder, Automobili Amos — is the latest talk in the world of petrolheads. The unique 'restomod', revealed at the Grand Basel Swiss auto show, is the best tribute one can give to the iconic Group A rally car.
The Automobili Amos Futurista isn't just a restoration but a new life to a car forgotten down in the memory lane.
Starting from the looks, the Futurista is everything the original Delta Integrale is, but in an even better and modern package with over 1000 new components. The boxy styling of the ‘80s has been given new breath with the Verde Brinzio shade of green, LED lighting units and the host of carbon fibre across its panels.
Amongst the aesthetic modernisation, the one significant change of the Automobili Amos Futurista from the original Lancia Delta Integrale 16V is the omission of the rear doors; making it a three-door hot hatch.
This, in combination, with the wide and straight-cut fenders and most importantly the near-upright ducktail spoiler, makes the new Automobili Amos Delta Integrale Futurist, one of the best drool-worthy automobiles as of now. The car looks proper retro from every angle.
On the inside, the period-correct light Recaro seats made of Alcantara bring back the sense of occasion lost in the late 20th-century car culture. The tan theme contrasts really well with the dark green exterior.
Attention to detail is always a priority for coachbuilders and Automobili Amos has followed the same approach in the Futurista. The clean analogue dials and the minimal steering design are two things you will miss in today's cars.
Carbon fibre has always been popular in shedding weight and emptying pockets, and the Futurista is no exception. At a kerb weight of 1250kg, the car is 90kg lighter than its older iteration. Meanwhile, the blacked-out parts boost up its sportiness to a good margin.
The Automobili Amos Integrale has also undergone extensive re-engineering in its powertrain. The original 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder still remains the foundation of the chassis but has been made merrier with a new intake, intercooler and exhaust system.
As a result, the Delta Futurista makes a healthy 330bhp. One of the highlights of the Integrale of yesterday was its all-wheel-drive unit. The same has been reworked on the Futurista to make it able to do a 0-100km/h sprint in around four seconds.
The stiffer suspension backs up the chassis while larger brakes ensure more control. Furthermore, the wide track and grippy tyres ensure that the car sticks to its ground whilst you blast it past the cars lost in commonness.
This Lancia recreation is not for the wider market but for the niche enthusiasts who wish to see great examples of automobiles as part of their regular life. At a starting price of around 530,000 US dollars (Rs 3.80 crore), the Futurista isn't any cheap but will always remain as a special product.
Thoughts On The Automobili Amos Lancia Delta Integrale Futurista
The Automobili Amos Lancia Delta Integrale Futurista is a unique creation, staying different from a Singer Porsche 964 or Eagle Speedster, in its own way. It takes quite a lot of effort and passion to turn something good to even better while keeping the essentials same.
The team at Automobili Amos, headed by Eugenio Amos, has built the Delta Integrale Futurista keeping one key goal in mind — "Make Lancia Great Again".
And with more such teams coming into the picture, enthusiasts can finally realise their dream one day — "Make Cars Great Again".