- 8 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 9 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 9 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 11 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- News In 23-page dossier, India gives proof of pro-Khalistan activities in Pakistan Gurdwaras
- Technology Reliance Jio Annual General Meeting Today At 7 PM – How To Watch Live Stream
- Movies Jhootha Kahin Ka Movie Review: It Takes Its Title Too Seriously & Fails To Deliver Laughs!
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Car manufacturers in India will soon deliver vehicles fitted with number plates and the cost will be included in the price of the vehicle. This information was revealed by Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari.
Currently, the number plate, which is attached to a vehicle bearing its registration number is procured separately by various states from designated agencies. But soon, the car manufacturers will attach the number plate when the car is delivered to a customer.
Gadkari said, "We have taken an important decision. Now, manufacturers will fit the plates and embossing will be done later through the machine." He also said that the price of the number plate will be included in the car's cost and the consumer will get some relief.
Gadkari also stated that the new technology number plates were intended to bring relief not only to the customers but also to bring uniformity across the states as each state used to by these plates earlier.
The prices of the number plates which is being procured by states range from Rs 800 to Rs 40,000. Currently, the number plates are issued by the district-level Regional Transport Office (RTO) of respective states.
Gadkari also said that there will be no compromise on security as far as vehicles are concerned. The security norms will be same for all the models be it an entry-level car or high-end luxury vehicle.
He said, "We will not compromise with security. What security norms we have done for economic models, same is for luxury and SUVs."
Recently, the government has made it mandatory for all the cars manufactured after July 1, 2019, to be equipped with the driver-side airbag and seat belt reminder. Apart from that the cars will be equipped with speeding warning system above 80km/h and reverse parking sensors.
Thoughts On The Automakers Delivering Cars With Number Plate
Currently, the customer has to procure the number plate for the car or the dealer has to buy the number plates from the state authority. But soon, the car manufacturer will fit the number plate before delivering the vehicle.
It will be a relief to the customer as the cost of the plate will be included in the price and there will be no concerns about the security of the number plate.