TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Toyota Alphard luxury van to be showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The Alphard is Toyota's flagship MPV and can carry 7 passengers in luxury.
Globally, the Toyota Alphard is usually used for business trips by high ranking officials. Toyota has another luxury MPV placed under the Alphard called the Vellfire.
With the showcase of the Alphard luxury van, Toyota aims to evaluate the possibility of launching the vehicle in India. If launched, it will be an extra-premium alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta.
In the international markets, the Toyota Alphard is offered in two petrol engines and a hybrid unit. The 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 179bhp and 235Nm of torque. The more powerful 3.5-litre V6 gives out 297bhp and a torque of 361Nm.
The hybrid version comes in the form of two motors coupled to the 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine. Toyota hasn't revealed which model they will be showcasing at the Auto Expo 2018.
The Toyota Alphard comes only with an 8-speed automatic or a CVT transmission. The hybrid version also has a CVT powertrain.
The interior of the Toyota Alphard features a lot of leather and wooden panelling. The middle row also has reclinable captain seats which offersdifferent levels of comfort adjustments.
A few Toyota Alphard and Vellfire models have seen the Indian roads over the years, via temporary and permanent import. If Toyota is to launch the Alphard in India, it will probably be imported via the CBU route.
Thoughts On Toyota Alphard Being Showcased At The Auto Expo 2018
The Toyota Alphard has always been the pinnacle of luxury MPVs, which its long body and luxurious interiors. There are many corporate officials who still prefer the Alphard over any luxury saloon. In India also, Toyota will be expecting only a specific customer base for the Alphard.