TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
German automaker Audi launched the second-gen Q5 SUV in the Indian market in January this year. The new Q5 was only offered with a diesel engine. Now, the company has announced that the Audi Q5 petrol will be launched in the country on June 28, 2018.
Audi has already launched the Q7 petrol in India in 2017 and the company aims to have more petrol cars in its product portfolio by 2020. The second-gen Q5 mid-size SUV replaced the first-gen model which was first launched in 2011 in the Indian market.
The second-gen Audi Q5 is based on the flexible MLB Evo platform and the SUV is also lighter by over 100kg as compared to the outgoing model. The new Q5 also features longer wheelbase and height. The overall design is sharper with the single-frame grille, Matrix headlamps and sporty bonnet.
The interior of the new Audi Q5 features a 12.3-inch Audi Virtual Cockpit Display, 8.3-inch MMI display, Heads Up Display, Audi Phone Box with wireless charging, three-zone climate control, cruise control, leather upholstery and electrically adjustable leather seats.
The safety features of the new Audi Q5 include eight airbags, active lane assist, park assist, collision avoidance assist, blind spot warning, Audi parking system plus with rearview camera and much more.
The new Audi Q5 petrol is likely to draw power from a 2-litre engine producing 249bhp. The engine is expected to be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. But Audi is yet to announce the specifications of the petrol SUV. The Audi Q5 petrol will also feature Audi's Quattro all-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts On The Audi Q5 Petrol India Launch
The new second-gen Audi Q5 features an updated design, and the SUV looks sharp and aggressive as compared to the outgoing model. Now, Audi is all set to launch the petrol version of the SUV. The Audi Q5 petrol will rival the likes of Mercedes-Benz GLC, BMW X3 and even the Lexus NX 300h.