- 13 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 15 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 16 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 16 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
German automaker Audi is revisiting its product strategy in India as it has lost its market leadership to Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Now, ETAuto reports that Audi is planning to launch affordable cars in the country. The volume products will be slotted below the A3 and Q3.
One such car for the Indian market could be the Audi Q2 crossover. The new affordable cars from Audi will be launched in India in the next two or three years. The company plans to introduce one SUV, sedan and hatchback to cater to the volume segment.
Head of Audi India, Rahil Ansari said, "So far, I have been busy in cleaning up and putting things in order. In order to gain customer base, we will introduce products in the volume segment, below A3 and Q3, in the next two-three years." But he denied to reveal any further details of the product plan.
As per industry experts, Audi is expected to explore the Rs 22-25 lakh price range to regain the top position in India. Ansari also said the company would ensure double-digit product launches every year in the Indian market starting from 2018.
Coming to the Audi Q2, the crossover measures just above 4-metre and features a single-frame octagonal grille up front. The dimensions of the Audi Q2 will make it an easy-to-drive car in urban conditions. The interior will be equipped with all the bells and whistles including Audi's Virtual Cockpit.
The India-spec Audi Q2 is expected to draw power from a 2-litre diesel engine offered with two power output options. Audi might also introduce the Q2 with a petrol engine to attract the buyers in the country. Transmission options include a 7-speed S-Tronic gearbox.
Thoughts On Audi Launching Affordable Cars In India
Audi is planning to introduce affordable cars in India to regain its dominance in the luxury cars segment in the country. Audi should maintain a fine balance between affordability and brand value of the company. Despite being priced under Rs 30 lakh, Audi will not compromise on luxury and safety of the cars.