- 13 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 22 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 2 hrs ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Maharshi Box Office Collections 2 Weeks: Mahesh Babu's Movie Has A Splendid Run
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah among Brett Lee's top three World Cup quicks
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Audi, Airbus and Italdesign have partnered to present a prototype of their first 'flying taxi concept', at the Amsterdam Drone week. The Audi flying taxi concept showcased at the event is a 1:4 model and is dubbed, 'Pop.Up Next'.
The flying taxi concept combines an autonomous flying car with a passenger drone. The event also witnessed the first public test flight, wherein the drone accurately placed the passenger capsule on the car module, which then drove around the test grounds autonomously.
Audi and Airbus subsidiary Voom, will soon conduct tests using helicopters in large cities such as Sao Paulo and Mexico City. This will be to determine how customers might actually use the ‘flying taxi' services. Audi will also be testing a flying taxi near its headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, with preparations already underway.
Bernd Martens, Audi Board Member and President (Audi subsidiary Italdesign), stated, "More and more people are moving to cities. And more and more people will be mobile thanks to automation."
"In future senior citizens, children, and people without a driver's license will want to use convenient robot taxis. If we succeed in making a smart allocation of traffic between roads and airspace, people and cities can benefit in equal measure."
He further added, "Services like this help us to understand our customers' needs better. Because in the future, flying taxis will appeal to a wide range of city dwellers. With Pop.Up Next we are simultaneously exploring the boundaries of what is technically possible. The next step is for a full-size prototype to fly and drive."
Thoughts On The Audi Flying Taxi Concept
The showcase of the flying taxi concept from Audiis to help convince people about the benefits of new technology, batteries, infrastructure, regulation and certification. The Audi Flying Taxi concept also showcases us the future of Urban flying Mobility, combining autonomous driving and electric power.