- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Movies Kaappaan Twitter Review: Here’s What Movie Buffs Feel About The Suriya Starrer
- News Engineering jobs: 4 DMRC jobs for Dy. Chief Engineer post; How to apply for these BE BTech jobs
- Technology Best Snapdragon 855 Smartphones In India Right Now
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 Astana: Greenwood's first goal settles Group L opener
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
A Ford Endeavour was seen engulfed in flames yesterday in Yadgir district of Karnataka. According to reports from PublicTV, the Endeavour SUV belonged to Dr Sharana Bopal Reddy, a BJP Ticket aspirant for the Yadgir constituency.
Dr Reddy who had purchased the Ford SUV about a month ago was found to have a technical fault, which initiated the fire on the SUV.
The driver and passengers of the car including Dr Reddy got out immediately and escaped injury as the car was engulfed in flames within a few seconds. The SUV is now said to have been sent for testing to find out the reason for the sudden development of fire.
Picture credit: AppuGouda Talikoti
The Ford Endeavour was launched in India in 2016 and is now available in three variants: 2.2-litre 4X2 AT Trend and Titanium variants along with a larger 3.2-litre 4X4 AT Titanium.
With the 2.2-litre engine producing 155bhp and 358Nm of torque, while the 3.2-litre, five-cylinder engine churns out 194bhp and 470Nm of torque, both mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Endeavour gets features such as seven airbags, Hill Hold, Traction Control and Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) among others.
The Ford SUV has a starting price of Rs 28.29 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and takes on rivals such as the Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ssangyong Rexton and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Picture credit: Prajavani
Thoughts On The Ford Endeavour
The Ford Endeavour caught fire near a temple at the Yadgir district of Karnataka. The one-month-old Endeavour engulfed in flames due to a technical fault is an unfortunate event, but it is important to note that all passengers and drivers escaped unhurt without any injuries.