TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
A Ford Endeavour was seen engulfed in flames yesterday in Yadgir district of Karnataka. According to reports from PublicTV, the Endeavour SUV belonged to Dr Sharana Bopal Reddy, a BJP Ticket aspirant for the Yadgir constituency.
Dr Reddy who had purchased the Ford SUV about a month ago was found to have a technical fault, which initiated the fire on the SUV.
The driver and passengers of the car including Dr Reddy got out immediately and escaped injury as the car was engulfed in flames within a few seconds. The SUV is now said to have been sent for testing to find out the reason for the sudden development of fire.
Picture credit: AppuGouda Talikoti
The Ford Endeavour was launched in India in 2016 and is now available in three variants: 2.2-litre 4X2 AT Trend and Titanium variants along with a larger 3.2-litre 4X4 AT Titanium.
With the 2.2-litre engine producing 155bhp and 358Nm of torque, while the 3.2-litre, five-cylinder engine churns out 194bhp and 470Nm of torque, both mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Endeavour gets features such as seven airbags, Hill Hold, Traction Control and Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) among others.
The Ford SUV has a starting price of Rs 28.29 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and takes on rivals such as the Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ssangyong Rexton and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Picture credit: Prajavani
Thoughts On The Ford Endeavour
The Ford Endeavour caught fire near a temple at the Yadgir district of Karnataka. The one-month-old Endeavour engulfed in flames due to a technical fault is an unfortunate event, but it is important to note that all passengers and drivers escaped unhurt without any injuries.