- 1 hr ago Triumph Rocket 3R Motorcycles Deliveries Begin In India: Currently Available In Eight Cities Only
- 2 hrs ago Ford EcoSport BS6 Models Launched Starting At Rs 8.04 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- 5 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Review (First Drive): India’s First All-Electric Compact-SUV
- News Bhim Army chief gave 'inflammatory speech' at Jama Masjid, says FIR
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite With S-Pen Lands In India For Rs. 38,999 Onwards
- Finance ICICI Bank Launches Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility: Know How It Works
- Sports Boxing: Indian female pugilists clinch six medals at Nation's Cup in Serbia
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In 2020
- Movies Allu Arjun Thanks Fans for Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Success
- Lifestyle Here Are Fashion Lessons From Deepika Padukone In How To Slay It In Formal And Glamourous
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
2018 Porsche Cayenne launched in India. Porsche has launched the 2018 Cayenne in India at a starting price of Rs 1.19 Crore (ex-showroom). Prices go up to Rs 1.92 crore for the top spec Turbo variant.
This is the third-generation Porsche Cayenne and it has been launched with several updates including a revised chassis and new suspension options. Porsche had started accepting bookings for the new Cayenne in May 2018 with the launch slated for June. But the launch was delayed and scheduled in time for the festive season and just before the festive season began, Porsche has now launched the updated luxury SUV.
A new agile platform underpins the new Cayenne and it also comes with more powerful engines and for the first time, a hybrid drivetrain as well. The e-Hybrid is priced at Rs 1.58 crore. The 2018 Porsche Cayenne is powered by either a V6, V8 or a hybrid drivetrain.
The standard variant is powered by a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine with a maximum power output of 340bhp and a peak torque output of 450Nm,40bhp and 50Nm more than the outgoing model.
The top-spec Porsche Cayenne Turbo is an enthusiast's wet dream with a twin-turbo V8 petrol engine under the hood. The twin-turbo V8 puts out a staggering 550bhp of maximum power and 770Nm of peak torque! 30bhp and 20Nm more than the outgoing model.
0-100km/h comes up in 3.9 seconds and the top speed is 286km/h for the new Cayenne Turbo according to Porsche. The three internal-combustion driven models are more powerful than they were before, but the interesting addition is the e-Hybrid model.
It is driven by a combination of the V6 turbo-petrol engine and an electric motor. The V6 engine pushes out 340bhp and the electric motor gives it an additional 136bhp. Together, they push out 476bhp and 700Nm, which is a lot.
Acceleration from 0-100km/h takes just 5 seconds and the top speed is claimed to be 253km/h. Porsche also claims that the Cayenne e-Hybrid can drive up to 44 kilometres using the electric motors alone, and top speed in pure electric mode is 135km/h.
This should theoretically allow the SUV to be used as a plug-in electric vehicle during one's daily commute. If the commute gets boring or if a piece of open road appears, the turbo-petrol V6 can be fired up instantly.
An 8-speed Tiptronic S transmission is standard fitment across all variants. All-wheel-drive with great off-road ability comes standard across all variants. The interiors too have been overhauled completed in Porsche fashion.
The cabin feels roomy while the dashboard is sophisticated and all the buttons, controls and instrumentation feel nice. All the conventional buttons on the dashboard have replaced by backlit haptic touch controls. The cabin quite closely resembles that on the new Porsche Panamera.
A 12.3-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system takes central position on the dashboard. The instrument cluster is made up of an analogue tachometer and two 7.0-inch LCD screens which is a tasteful combination that will be loved by enthusiasts. The LCD screens provide information regarding G-force, tyre pressure, navigation and other vehicle-related parameters.
Porsche has made use of the MLB platform. It is same platform that underpins the Audi Q7 and Bentley Bentayga. The front axle features a separated link design and at the rear, Porsche is offering a multi-link system as optional.
Thoughts On The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launch
The Porsche Cayenne is a huge success story for the German marque. It has been selling well since the very start and the sales figures do not seem to be dropping even in the face of emerging competition. With the launch of the new, updated 2018 model, Porsche has made sure the Cayenne becomes more lucrative than it was before and there is no doubt about it selling well.