The central government announced on Friday that applications to get a driver's licence and vehicle registrations have been hiked.
The charges for renewing a driver's licence, which was Rs 50, is now Rs 200 after the increase in price. Registering a new vehicle's price has increased ten folds, and the charges for registering a driving school is now Rs 10,000.
The charges and registration prices for imported vehicles, like cars and motorcycles have also seen a hike in price.
Below is a detailed list after the new price hike:
- Learner's license fee: Rs 150
- License renewal fee: Rs 200
- Nationwide driving permit: Rs 1,000
- Driving school license renewal: Rs 5,000
- Three-wheeler registration fees: Rs 1,000
- Buses and trucks: Rs 1,500
- Duplicate license fee: Rs 5000
Don't let the hike in prices bother you, because the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Swift will surely lure customers into getting one. Take a look at the hatchback that changed the game in the Indian market.