- Maruti Suzuki’s New Small Car In The Works — To Be Launched In 2020
- Maruti Tour H1 (Alto Taxi) Brochure Leaked — Variants And Features Revealed
- Maruti Suzuki To Switch To Lithium-Ion Batteries On Its Premium Models
- 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Launch Date Revealed
- Suzuki Jimny Accessories List: Body Decals, Alloys, Rooftop Carriers & More
- Maruti Suzuki Starts Monsoon Service Camp Across All Its Centres In India
The 19th iteration of the Raid De Himalaya will be held from October 6-14, 2017. The rally will kick-off from the picturesque town of Manali.
In one of the most adventurous routes ever, the competitors will travel through the most challenging places in the Himalayas like Kaza, Sarchu, Kargil, Leh and Pensi La covering a distance around 2,000 km.
The Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport comprising of rally veterans like Suresh Rana, Sandeep Sharma and Samrat Yadav are all set to take on the challenges of the Raid De Himalaya. The rally will be an ultimate test for both human and machine.
The Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport will compete in Gypsy, Vitara Brezza, S-Cross, Ignis and Grand Vitara in the most treacherous roads and extreme weather conditions of Himalayas. The rally will be a fitting stage to test the reliability and performance of Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
Speaking on the vehicle preparation, ten-time Raid winner, Suresh Rana said, "I am extremely excited to be part of the team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport. Raid is all about the synchronicity between a driver and his vehicle."
He added, "One has to know their vehicle in and out to brave any unexpected twist and turn in the route. At the end, it is not only about physical endurance, but mental endurance as well. Most importantly, one must put all the efforts in vehicular safety, including all the safety harness and gears."
The Raid De Himalaya is one of the toughest rallies in the country. The competitors will face treacherous terrains and the high altitude will double the difficulty. The drivers will have to endure the extreme temperatures of the Himalayas to finish the Raid.