- 12 hrs ago MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- 13 hrs ago Tamil Nadu Government Will Not Consider Road Tax Relief During The Lockdown Period
- 13 hrs ago Force Motors Is Likely To Launch The All-New Gurkha During The Festive Season This Year
- 14 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Prices Remain Steady For Third Consecutive Day
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- News WHO lauds Dharavi, Asia's largest slum for breaking COVID-19 transmission chain
- Lifestyle Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata's upcoming Nexon compact SUV has been spied testing ahead of its launch later this year by DriveSpark reader Sourav Vinod.
The Nexon was first unveiled as a concept at the 2014 Auto Expo and was seen in a near production-ready guise at the 2016 edition of the auto show.
The Nexon SUV test mule seen in the spy images featured a heavy dose of camouflage and also did not sport the details seen on earlier test mules including the production-spec headlights and tail lights.
The production-spec Tata Nexon is expected to offer two engine options including a turbocharged version of Tata's 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine found on the Tata Tiago hatchback.
The other engine on offer will be a brand new 1.5-litre diesel powerplant. Both engines will be offered with both manual and AMT gearboxes.
The all-new Nexon is expected to retain most of the 2016 Auto Expo production-ready vehicle's design cues including the angular headlamps, contrasting colour for the body and the roof. The roof-line which swoops down onto the rear end of the car looks to have been retained as well.
The Nexon will be Tata's first foray into the sub-4 metre SUV segment and the SUV seen at 2016 Auto Expo show floor was 3.99 metres long, 1.73 metres wide and 1.6 meters tall and featured a 2.54-metre long wheelbase.
The Tata Nexon is expected to launch in the first half of 2017 and will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. Prices for the new Nexon are expected to hover around Rs 5 - 8 lakh.