- 4 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 8 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 11 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Technology Windows 11 Is Real And People Are Already Using It: Download Windows 11
- Movies Pearl V Puri Case: Victim’s Mother Named As Co-Accused; Karishma & Asmita React To Pearl Being Granted Bail
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Tata's upcoming Nexon compact SUV has been spied testing ahead of its launch later this year by DriveSpark reader Sourav Vinod.
The Nexon was first unveiled as a concept at the 2014 Auto Expo and was seen in a near production-ready guise at the 2016 edition of the auto show.
The Nexon SUV test mule seen in the spy images featured a heavy dose of camouflage and also did not sport the details seen on earlier test mules including the production-spec headlights and tail lights.
The production-spec Tata Nexon is expected to offer two engine options including a turbocharged version of Tata's 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine found on the Tata Tiago hatchback.
The other engine on offer will be a brand new 1.5-litre diesel powerplant. Both engines will be offered with both manual and AMT gearboxes.
The all-new Nexon is expected to retain most of the 2016 Auto Expo production-ready vehicle's design cues including the angular headlamps, contrasting colour for the body and the roof. The roof-line which swoops down onto the rear end of the car looks to have been retained as well.
The Nexon will be Tata's first foray into the sub-4 metre SUV segment and the SUV seen at 2016 Auto Expo show floor was 3.99 metres long, 1.73 metres wide and 1.6 meters tall and featured a 2.54-metre long wheelbase.
The Tata Nexon is expected to launch in the first half of 2017 and will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. Prices for the new Nexon are expected to hover around Rs 5 - 8 lakh.