TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Tata Motors launched the Tiago hatchback in April 2016 and with a new approach to its design philosophy; the company entered a new phase by offering relevant and modern vehicles in the automotive industry.
While many car buyers in India were sceptical about the Tiago; Tata Motors did not lose hope and continued to promote the hatchback loaded features along with a stylish design. That was the beginning, the company then launched the Hexa SUV, followed by the Tigor subcompact sedan.
But the most significant launch was that of the Tata Nexon, a subcompact SUV, which brought along with ita fair share of curiosity as well as modern and young car buyers.
Equipped with four new vehicles, Tata Motors had all the elements in its new vehicles to take it to the next level and become one of the largest carmakers in India. During October 2017, the company sold 17,157 units and overtook Mahindra to become the third largest carmaker in India.
While the largest and second largest carmakers are way ahead, Maruti sold 1,54,699 units, and Hyundai sold 44,008 units, Tata Motors seems to be in overdrive to probably become the largest carmaker in the country.
Much of the credit goes to its package. Tata Motors was known for offering products which are affordable and spacious, but now, the vehicles reflect premium features and stylish design at a competitive price.
Tata Motors has performed well during the recent months with new launches and well-packaged product. While the title of the largest carmaker is still a steep climb, the second largest carmaker title seems not far of for the home-grown carmaker.