TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Injured Navy Commander Abhilash Tomy Rescued: Shifted To The French Fishing Vessel, Osiris
- Panasonic AI-Driven Smartphones Coming To India On October 4
- A Rare Condition Makes This 25-Year-Old Look Like A 12-Year-Old
- EXCLUSIVE: Radhika Madan Says She Looks Up To Ranbir & Alia
- The Picturesque Pachmarhi Has A Haunted Forest — Learn All About It Here!
- These Are The Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India — Is Yours On The List?
The new small car from Hyundai is said to bring back the Santro moniker to the Indian market when it is launched in 2018. Now, the hatchback has been spotted testing on Indian roads.
The spotted model is finished with heavily camouflaged livery to hide the design elements of the car. But the spy shot reveals the tail light cluster, high mounted stop light, rear windshield wiper, plastic wheel covers and bumper mounted registration plate.
The new Santro appears to be in its production avatar set to be launched by mid-2018. This particular model seems to be the top-spec version with the amount of features it gets. The hatchback also gets large windows for airy feel inside the cabin.
The front profile of the new Santro is expected to feature signature Hyundai styling elements such as cascading grille, sharp headlamps, LED daytime running lights and stylish bumper. The rear profile of the next-gen Santro is similar to that of the Grand i10.
There is no information on the technical details of the new Santro, but we expect the car to feature an 800cc or 1-litre engine options which were also available in the i10. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, and Hyundai might also offer the AMT variant.
Hyundai is all set to bring back the Santro brand which had garnered a lot of success to the South Korean car maker in the Indian market. The new Santro is expected to come with new design and features to take on its modern rivals such as Maruti Celerio, Tata Tiago and Renault Kwid.
Spy Image Source: Bobby Malik