TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- WhatsApp Working On Linked Accounts, Vacation Mode And Silent Mode
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Effective Baking Soda Remedies For Athlete's Feet
- Making Men Priority Was A Big Mistake: Neena Gupta
- Nissan Kicks Unveiled In India — Launch In 2019
- OMG! Watch The Crazy Run Out Of Azhar Ali!
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Now, Motor Vikatan has spotted the new XUV500 testing in India. The refreshed SUV features cosmetic updates and a more powerful engine.
The prominent highlight of the XUV500 is the revamped front fascia which now features a newly designed grille and bumper. The rear of the SUV is also expected to be revamped with slightly tweaked tail lamp cluster and redesigned tailgate.
The interior of the XUV500 is likely to get few additional features. We expect Mahindra to add Apple CarPlay to the touchscreen infotainment system which was already updated with Android Auto a few months back.
The Mahindra XUV500 facelift will draw power from a 2.2-litre mHawk turbocharged diesel engine with a higher power output of around 170bhp and 400Nm of torque. With the bump in power, the XUV500 will become the powerful SUV in its segment.
Apart from the diesel engine, Mahindra will also introduce a petrol variant of the XUV500 powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The petrol variant will bear G codification on the trim name.
Mahindra is expected to offer the XUV500 petrol in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configuration. The transmission options on the petrol variant include a 6-speed automatic and manual gearbox.
The XUV500 has been a successful product for Mahindra & Mahindra since it was launched back in 2011. Now, Mahindra plans to take on the modern rivals with a refreshed design and more powerful engine. The XUV500 facelift will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and Tata Hexa. Expect the XUV500 facelift to debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.