- Mahindra S201 Compact-SUV Spied Testing Again
- New Force Gurkha Xtreme Vs Mahindra Thar Comparison: Design, Specifications, Features And Price
- Mahindra NuvoSport Discontinued — Low Sales To Be Blamed?
- Mahindra TUV300 Plus Accessories List: Chrome Elements, Bull Bars, Alloy Wheels, Stereo & More
- Mahindra TUV300 Plus Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 9.47 Lakh
- The Mahindra S201 Compact SUV Interiors Spied — To Rival The Maruti Vitara Brezza
Now, Motor Vikatan has spotted the new XUV500 testing in India. The refreshed SUV features cosmetic updates and a more powerful engine.
The prominent highlight of the XUV500 is the revamped front fascia which now features a newly designed grille and bumper. The rear of the SUV is also expected to be revamped with slightly tweaked tail lamp cluster and redesigned tailgate.
The interior of the XUV500 is likely to get few additional features. We expect Mahindra to add Apple CarPlay to the touchscreen infotainment system which was already updated with Android Auto a few months back.
The Mahindra XUV500 facelift will draw power from a 2.2-litre mHawk turbocharged diesel engine with a higher power output of around 170bhp and 400Nm of torque. With the bump in power, the XUV500 will become the powerful SUV in its segment.
Apart from the diesel engine, Mahindra will also introduce a petrol variant of the XUV500 powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The petrol variant will bear G codification on the trim name.
Mahindra is expected to offer the XUV500 petrol in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configuration. The transmission options on the petrol variant include a 6-speed automatic and manual gearbox.
The XUV500 has been a successful product for Mahindra & Mahindra since it was launched back in 2011. Now, Mahindra plans to take on the modern rivals with a refreshed design and more powerful engine. The XUV500 facelift will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and Tata Hexa. Expect the XUV500 facelift to debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.