- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 4 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 7 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 7 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- Sports India vs Australia: Kuldeep is back in rhythm, India can try him in 1st T20: Sunil Gavaskar
- Movies Boman Irani Receives A Sweet Birthday Wish From Anushka Sharma; ‘Wish You All The Happiness’
- News Install CCTV cameras in CBI, NIA, ED offices where accused are held and interrogated, SC tells Centre
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
The two platforms are the CMF-A and CMF-A+. The Kwid and the redi-GO are based on the CMF-A platform, whereas the CMF-A+ will underpin Nissan and Renault's future small and mid-size cars in India.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance also has the M0 platform which underpins the larger vehicles such as Duster, Terrano and Lodgy. The Renault Captur and Nissan Kicks crossover will be based on the same M0 platform.
The alliance had also tested the larger CMF-B platform in India. But it was way too expensive than the M0 architecture. Nissan-owned Datsun will continue to make use of the V minus platform. The upcoming Go Cross will be also based on this platform. The Go-Cross will be pitted against the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.
Renault and Nissan are trying to expand their market reach with new products equipped with advanced technology. India being a price sensitive market, the Renault-Nissan Alliance is trying to cut cost by adopting low-cost platforms in the country.